Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Silver to gold and boston dubai route service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2014, 11:08 am
Original Poster

Hi,
I am a silver member and need 8000 tier miles to reach gold by nov 30th.
I called emirates and asked if i fly on the 2nd will it count? Answer was "no".
So i change my booking from 2nd december to 30th november bos-dxb-amd on business class.
I called them again and asked will i qualify? Again they said it has to by 30yh nov.
My question is if i fly on the 30th and reach dxb on 1st december what is the issue as long as i am flying?
Also i usually travel business class on a380 so dont know the quality of service in the boston-dxb route on the 777, any reviews, suggestions please.
Old Nov 18, 2014, 12:37 pm

You still won't qualify going by the rules.

Miles are not awarded until the end of the outbound or inbound sector. In your case, when you reach AMD you will be credited for BOS-AMD. Also worth noting, this is not the same amount of miles as BOS-DXB plus DXB-AMD.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.