Search

New CIP service from IKA

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2014, 10:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: EK GOLD, EY GOLD, AZ GOLD, QR SILVER, SPG PLAT
Smile New CIP service from IKA

Hello,

Just came back from IKA yesterday and had the pleasant surprise to be redirected to the CIP building of the airport. Although I went and checked-in at the normal airport building, and had to exit the terminal, take a car and be driven to the CIP building:

Basically, if you fly First, Business or if you are Platinum (and maybe gold), you should not go to the normal departure hall of IKA, rather go to the CIP building. (600 m away from main departure hall, and all taxis knows the location).

There you supposedly, give all your luggage and your passport to on of the "hosts" working there, who will take care of checking you in.
In the meantime you can go to the "lounge" (very bad taste decoration), and relax until boarding time. At that time, an agent will call you and direct you to the exclusive immigration desk, (where they have your passport already stamped), double check if it is you and give it back to you. Thereafter you have comfortable sofas (very ugly though ), where you seat and again wait for the VIP security to call you, you go through security and board a bus, which brings to directly the stairway to your aircraft.

It is a little disorganized, but overall it is 100 times smoother and more relaxing, than having to go through the normal terminal.
Old Nov 17, 2014, 2:20 pm

Programs: AA PLT, HH Gold, FM Prem, SPG gold
Great news.

Trying to fly out of IKA soon and deciding between J and F. Any thoughts on F>J?

How is the lounge itself other than ugly? Food? Alcohol by chance?

If only the MFA would approve my visa!
Old Nov 17, 2014, 10:14 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rivlinm
Great news.

Trying to fly out of IKA soon and deciding between J and F. Any thoughts on F>J?

How is the lounge itself other than ugly? Food? Alcohol by chance?

If only the MFA would approve my visa!
J service from IKA, is quite poor usually ( a part on my last trip which was very good) , and since it is quite hectic to get to the airport, and No alcohol is available (in the lounge and in the aircraft until it took off); If pricing is not the issue I would personally go with F, for another 2 hours route I would reconsider.

As per the lounge, with EK standards it is really poor, only few food options available (not really appealing to me); soft drinks widely available, wifi which somehow works well (relatively speaking).
The lounge is a huge building, with three floors, and a chek-in counter in the ground floor, where you give all your luggages and passport (as per my last post), then you take the elevator to the third floor (where it is actually their first class lounge). you seat and "relax" (with soft drinks), then you go down to the ground floor again to pass passport control, security and take the bus to board the plane.

Good luck with your visa
Old Nov 18, 2014, 9:08 am

Thanks for the follow up.

It will come down to schedule as not each of the 4 flights offer F. Even at two hours I can suffer a bit before 15 in EK F.

I saw a photo online with caviar. Is that part of the duty free sales or an actual food offering in the lounge?
Old Nov 18, 2014, 2:18 pm

Programs: EK Silvert, QF, SQ Gold
The very welcomed CIP terminal service started in September I think. Around the same time the fourth daily IKA-DXB started (and oddly neither enhancement was announced until a couple of weeks after the service started). I have been thru the CIP four times now I think. A bit confusing the first time but it all works just fine and is streaks ahead of the check in mayhem at the main terminal where skywards status and class of travel meant very little at the premium check in counters.

The lounge is probably as good as it can get in Iran. No alcohol of course. Staff are hospitable and friendly and welcoming as Iranians are everywhere in the country. The top floor is supposedly for first class only but no one follows or enforces that rule. As for food, it is one of the few times you are better off eating during the flight.

First class is definitely worth it if you can use skywards miles to upgrade. If the plane is one of the old A330s then I think the economy seat is more comfortable for two hours than the business seat (I am not making this up). Service wise, it is always fabulous in first and hit and miss in Business (I have been very frustrated waiting 50 minutes to get a glass of wine in J after a few weeks of drinking fanta in Iran... and seeing the Y passengers get a drink a lot earlier added to the frustration).

No caviar in first on these short haul legs. The food is usually the same as business class, just served on nicer plates. It's not like long haul first where there is a noticeable difference (like caviar). I only paid for F from IKA as part of a long haul trip. Often paid for J, and would use points to upgrade to F where possible. Hope this helps.
Old Nov 19, 2014, 9:43 am

Programs: EK Gold
The new CIP terminal is for F/J and plats. Golds in Y stay at the old terminal and the old lounge.

Just came back from IKA. On the way out my local partner arranged the CIP on arrival, that way you don't have to cue for your visa, but wait in the Iranian style lounge in comfy chairs, and could even have some bite to eat (or not). The ice cream is quite nice
Old Nov 23, 2014, 1:57 pm

Programs: EK plat, ex-FB gold, Accor plat
The whole process is the following.
> You enter the terminal, go through security scan, and then check-in quite normally. Premium and Y separation is indeed not really respected.
> You wait aside a little bit. 4 pax (+ 1 driver) get packed in an old Hyundai sedan for a drive to CIP terminal 500m away.
> You surrender your passport at the EK desk and are invited to the first floor.
> Lounge is vast. Food is correct by local standard. Several fridges of soft drinks, but no alcohol by law. Omlett made on order at breakfast time. Wifi is OK, but don't expect miracles.
> At boarding time, you are requested to go downstairs and go through passport control. Your passport is already stamped but you have to queue ... Why don't they just hand them out while we are sitting ?!?
> You go again through security scan. Too bad if you bought liquids. Anyway, they are not too strict. We are CIP remember ?
> Two minibuses lead all premium pax at the base of the air-bridge.
> We board before Y.

My overall feeling is that all this can be optimized, but it's far better than what it used to be : a small lounge at the basement, then waiting in long queue for security scan, and then standing a long time in front of the gate (as IKA->DXB flights are ALWAYS delayed) where, sometimes, you are asked to queue with Ys
Old Dec 4, 2014, 10:12 am

Visa Approved!

Just booked GF into IKA in F/J. Any special treatment or expedited immigration for CIP?
Old Dec 24, 2014, 2:31 pm

CIP has now brand new Volvo SUV ...
Old Dec 25, 2014, 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by ioto1902
CIP has now brand new Volvo SUV ...
For all pax? Certain airlines? F only? Joy rides on the Tarmac?
Old Feb 5, 2015, 3:27 pm

Originally Posted by rivlinm
For all pax? Certain airlines? F only? Joy rides on the Tarmac?
The Volvo are branded "CIP". So, anyone entitled to CIP will be transferred from check-in to CIP terminal in Volvo via public road.
Airside transfer are done by airport buses, except for VVIPs.

Basically, EK J/F can access CIP. I understood gold/plat Y couldn't.
Old Feb 9, 2017, 1:19 am
Original Poster

EK Y GOLD 50% Discount for CIP?

Hi all!,

I have heard rumors about a 50% discount for CIP services in IKA for Skywards Gold and Above?
Has anyone experienced?

the cost of the CIP is around 3,250,000 IRR (85 USD approx), so a 50% Discount would mean IRR 1,625,000 IRR (42 USD approx) for EK GOLD?

Thanks!
Old Feb 9, 2017, 1:25 am
Original Poster

EK Y GOLD 50% Discount for CIP?

Hi all!,

I have heard rumors about a 50% discount for CIP services in IKA for Skywards Gold and Above?
Has anyone experienced?

the cost of the CIP is around 3,250,000 IRR (85 USD approx), so a 50% Discount would mean IRR 1,625,000 IRR (42 USD approx) for EK GOLD?

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.