Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ultimate Airport Dubai Series 2

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2015, 4:58 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Firemansam
Some people deal with those situations in far different manners, was she shaken or letting it affect her a little, sure, was she panicked, not really, and i agree she handled the 2nd situation quite well.
At first they arrive at the wrong gate. The emergency responders are there and waiting for them to arrive.

She then says that she has never handled a medical emergency before. OK, but you have a camera in your face and you're representing EK.

She later says that she feels 'numb' in these situations which I don't think is how someone who responds to emergency should feel, and lastly says she hopes to never deal with such a situation again. With the sheer number of people and her level of responsibility she needs to act like an emergency responder swiftly and with decisive action. That's not what was on show.
Old Feb 5, 2015, 5:15 am

Ultimate Airport Dubai

Originally Posted by m0hamed
She then says that she has never handled a medical emergency before. OK, but you have a camera in your face and you're representing EK.
Yes, I admit that was a stupid thing to do.

She later says that she feels 'numb' in these situations which I don't think is how someone who responds to emergency should feel, and lastly says she hopes to never deal with such a situation again.
This seems like a pretty normal thing to say for a newbie, considering she just recently joined unlike Mel, who has years of experience.

Off-topic question: The ASM with her (Mahmood), why are there 2 ASM's on duty at the same time? Is it supposed to be like that?
Mahmood joins Mel in the fake passport case in Episode 7 as well.
Old Feb 5, 2015, 5:51 am
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Good observation. Perhaps for an airport of that size they have 2 on duty? I suspect Mahmood would deal with Arabic speakers, especially Emiratis.
Old Feb 5, 2015, 6:52 am

Ultimate Airport Dubai

Good observation.
Thank you.

Originally Posted by m0hamed
Perhaps for an airport of that size they have 2 on duty? I suspect Mahmood would deal with Arabic speakers, especially Emiratis.
Makes sense, IMO, I find Mel and Mahmood both slightly scary so it would make a good combo when questioning someone, especially someone like the suspicious Afghani in E07.
Old Feb 8, 2015, 3:00 am
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Ep 10 is screening now in Australia.

It includes footage of the airport catering facilities, apparently the largest in the world.

Interestingly, the F meals appear to be plated up before loading and the narrator states EK pax will eat 2.7 tonnes of caviar requires 113,000 bottles of Dom Pérignon per year!
Old Feb 9, 2015, 7:38 am

Just watched Episode 10!
Really sad that the Series is over and I hope they're really quick with Series 3.
IMO, I found Series 2 a lot more exciting than Series 1.
Old Feb 9, 2015, 4:07 pm

Episodes 1-6 and 9-10 can be easily found online now. Seen episode 7, but still no sign of episode 8 anywhere.
Old Feb 9, 2015, 4:40 pm

Originally Posted by Piedra
Episodes 1-6 and 9-10 can be easily found online now. Seen episode 7, but still no sign of episode 8 anywhere.
I watched it on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzlUJyT2ED0
Old Mar 27, 2015, 4:40 pm

Programs: DL Gold, UA Gold, B6 Mosaic, Marriott Gold
Is this on ITunes?
Old Mar 28, 2015, 3:38 am

no. Available on youtube though
Old Mar 28, 2015, 5:22 am

Any word on if they are filming new episodes?
Old Mar 29, 2015, 5:19 am

Programs: EK, AA, DL, UA, SPG, HGP, Amex
I saw the featured custom's official the other day! (bonus: I didn't get scanned)
Old Jun 20, 2015, 5:29 pm

Any word on if there will be a season three?
Old Jun 22, 2015, 2:52 am

Programs: Golden Circle, Skywards
Originally Posted by IAD_flyer
Any word on if there will be a season three?
I hope so!
Old Jun 22, 2015, 4:07 am

I'm hoping that someone who connects through DXB will ask an employee....certainly
anyone working there will be aware of filming.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.