Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Suggestions to make partner airlines booking with miles easier?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2014, 9:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: EK - Silver; Accor - Silver; O6 - Gold; BAEC - Silver; Flying Blue; SPG; Krisflyer

Recently I tried to make a miles booking on JAL, but found the whole experience extremely painful.

First tried booking online, but there's no option for that other then Qantas.

Next phone booking, but that took about 45mins of back and forth conversation without a happy ending.

Perhaps other EK frequent flyers can suggest how EK can improve their partner airline miles redemption.
Old Oct 23, 2014, 4:27 pm

Not being overly good at all this redemption thingamabob, i have 43k miles to dispose of and was looking at using them on a QF ticket from ADL-MEL return, however when i go to the emirates page it wont allow me to even search for that routing... Any idea where i should be looking or what i am doing wrong??
Old Oct 23, 2014, 4:36 pm

http://bit.ly/1rs1gX0

I didn't end up booking but the whole process up to quoting the miles/taxes after confirming availability took about 10 minutes. So it seems your luck got you a newbie agent.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 1:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: EK - Silver; Accor - Silver; O6 - Gold; BAEC - Silver; Flying Blue; SPG; Krisflyer
It would be alot easier if you can email the dates of flights and which airline, and EK just reply with a yes or no.

But doing this vie the contact page is no guarantee they will reply you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.