Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What to do at DXB airport?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2014, 7:07 am
Original Poster

Hi guys, i am arriving at DBX from MAD at 7 am (Y class) . I have almost 4 hours until my next flight to PEK. What do you recommend me to do at the airport while waiting? Is there any good place to spot aircrafts or to see the the skycrappers from the airport?

I also would like to know if I get anykind of earphones onboard to enjoy ice or do i have to bring them?

Thanks
Old Aug 19, 2014, 7:42 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by Mickelao
Hi guys, i am arriving at DBX from MAD at 7 am (Y class) . I have almost 4 hours until my next flight to PEK. What do you recommend me to do at the airport while waiting? Is there any good place to spot aircrafts or to see the the skycrappers from the airport?

I also would like to know if I get anykind of earphones onboard to enjoy ice or do i have to bring them?

Thanks
There is lots of duty free shopping and a plenty of places to eat and drink. The Dubai skyline will only be visible from the air and certainly not at the airport. Basic headphones are provided in Y class.
Old Aug 19, 2014, 8:38 am

Programs: EK Plat, HHonors Gold
oh, what happened? You changed your mind and decided to fly Y, lolz...
Old Aug 19, 2014, 10:10 am
Original Poster

Yeah, Y is more affordable for me i can see flap deflection lolz
Old Aug 19, 2014, 1:23 pm

Programs: EK, BA, EY, SQ, IHG, HH, SPG

Skycrappers would be visible from any open space. Just bring bread and other general bird friendly foodstuff, scatter around and wait.
Old Aug 19, 2014, 1:57 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
I flew EK last month and apparently they have a simulator (737 and A380) in one of the concourses, C I think.

EDIT: I found that it's in the Dubai Mall and not in the airport, and it's expensive too ($95 USD per 15 mins).
Old Aug 19, 2014, 2:00 pm

The headphones are provided but they are really uncomfortable if you have glasses. They are also not very durable (the squishy cushion falls off and I went through two on BOS-DXB and DXB-BOS each way).
Old Aug 19, 2014, 2:06 pm

Dubai is an OK airport for spotting, definitely better than BLR...

Read my TR for pics: Indian Adventures 2: Hopes of 77W disappointed, back to BOS by 773 and 77L of EK

Last edited by JetAirways77W; Aug 20, 2014 at 1:05 pm
Old Aug 20, 2014, 5:26 am

There is also free vodka and redbull available from the bar in concourse C :lolz
Old Aug 21, 2014, 2:48 pm
Original Poster

hehe thanks guys ^^

Do people usually play online trivia on ICE??? I would like to be the trivia king in my flight

What would you go for, Chicken Piccata or Lam ragôut?

Out of topic, is any kind of Ebola control at Beijing Capitol for flights from Dubai??
Old Aug 21, 2014, 3:26 pm

Programs: EK, BA, EY, SQ, IHG, HH, SPG

And the prize for the most off topic poster on FT goes to .... !
Old Aug 21, 2014, 4:24 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
hehe thanks guys ^^

Do people usually play online trivia on ICE??? I would like to be the trivia king in my flight

What would you go for, Chicken Piccata or Lam ragôut?

Out of topic, is any kind of Ebola control at Beijing Capitol for flights from Dubai??
If you go to e gate you can see the burj! I'm here now it's amazing!
Old Aug 22, 2014, 1:44 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
hehe thanks guys ^^

.................................................. ........
Can't speak for your flight - you can get some very weird people on aircraft these days and (as unlikely as it seems) you could well be trumped on that count.

But suffice to say you have already achieved 'trivia king' status as far as FT is concerned ..........
Old Aug 22, 2014, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium

Thanks
I don't know about you, but I have no desire to see skycrappers. Skyscrapers yes I'd enjoy seeing, but I have no idea why someone would want to see someone taking a dump in the sky! lol
Old Aug 25, 2014, 1:54 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by flyerCO
I don't know about you, but I have no desire to see skycrappers. Skyscrapers yes I'd enjoy seeing, but I have no idea why someone would want to see someone taking a dump in the sky! lol
See post 5... It was funny the first time

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.