Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Concourse B, First lounge is a QUIET Lounge

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2014, 10:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: EK Skywards Gold, TK Elite Plus, QR Platinum, Bonvoy Titanium

Hi All,

Thought I would inform you have I passed through Dubai (concourse B, First class lounge) today (17 Aug) and the lounge had signs at the desk saying QUIET lounge. They have stopped the announcements of flights and everyone is responsible for making it to their gates by themselves now.

For me, my opinion, this makes the lounge much more sedate and peaceful. However, every 30 minutes they were making an announcement that it was a quiet lounge and please be aware of this. You can still hear announcements drifting up from the concourse below, especially the gates directly below the lounge, which may not be your flight, of course.

Just thought you would be interested to hear this new development....
Old Aug 17, 2014, 2:26 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Fully approve.

Actually I was going to say I like the sound of it ; but .... based on your report, there is NO sound (or very little, at least)

Now they just need to stop bad-mannered people putting their feet on chairs. Not that I have seen much of that practice in DXB, but I have in some outstations
Old Aug 17, 2014, 6:07 pm

Programs: EK Silver
This is good to know UAworldwide, thanks

Peace and solitude within the DXB lounges is something I always try to find - the Quiet Area in the DXB Business Lounge is normally where I hide.

I'm flying F next month and I'm now eager to stay in this lounge, even if my flight leaves from a different concourse.
Old Aug 17, 2014, 10:26 pm

Similar situation in the A concourse F lounge as well. Also for regulars - the menu has just changed again It's the little things that keep you from getting too jaded, haha!
Old Aug 17, 2014, 11:12 pm

Programs: EK, AA, DL, UA, SPG, HGP, Amex
...and same with the J Lounge (Conc A at least). Sign at the entrance.

Sounds like a new blanket policy.
Old Aug 18, 2014, 10:38 am

Programs: Skywards Gold, TK Elite +, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by extramileage
...and same with the J Lounge (Conc A at least). Sign at the entrance.

Sounds like a new blanket policy.
Looks like. Same story in J lounge in concourse B.
Old Aug 19, 2014, 1:35 am

Programs: EK Gold
I did find it amusing to hear the announcements saying that it was a quiet lounge and that there wouldn't be any announcements
Old Aug 19, 2014, 5:02 am

Programs: EK, JP
Originally Posted by eternaltransit
Similar situation in the A concourse F lounge as well. Also for regulars - the menu has just changed again It's the little things that keep you from getting too jaded, haha!
Hi Eternaltransit,

Thanks for this info.

Does the F lounge menu change encompass both A and B concourses? I have an F flight coming up next week. Most likely the flight will be from a B or C gate to MAA. Would love to try the new menu. If it is only at A, then I need to plan ahead

Secondly, I recently just found out that you can see the menu of your upcoming flight on the EK website. Any chance if I can find out what the new F Lounge menu looks like anywhere?

Thanks
Old Aug 19, 2014, 5:44 am

Programs: EK Plat, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by captdini737
Does the F lounge menu change encompass both A and B concourses? I have an F flight coming up next week. Most likely the flight will be from a B or C gate to MAA. Would love to try the new menu. If it is only at A, then I need to plan ahead
I believe so. The F menu across the lounges is identical except for the Sushi chef who only services the F lounge at B.
Originally Posted by captdini737
Secondly, I recently just found out that you can see the menu of your upcoming flight on the EK website. Any chance if I can find out what the new F Lounge menu looks like anywhere?
Haven't seen it online yet.
Old Aug 19, 2014, 6:22 am

Programs: EK, JP
Thanks Jackiedada for the reply. Funnily enough, I noticed last time that the A concourse did not have the sushi chef, which I sampled in B in 2012. Damn.....
Old Aug 21, 2014, 3:52 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
I'm in the j lounge at a gate now. This too is now a quiet lounge with no boarding announcements

Big improvement apart from the announcements that there are no announcements!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.