Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Emirates Platinum

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2014, 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by A351
There is one thing you should avoid if you would like to be considered for an upgrade. Avoid ordering a special meal!
That's always been one of my "rules" as well, but lots of tales around here of it not being the case.

Originally Posted by jackiedada
That's the way it should be. What's the point of being Platinum otherwise?
The point is that all the written benefits and perks should be what you expect. Unwritten ones are just a bonus.
Old Jul 16, 2014, 9:43 pm

Programs: EK Plat, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by ft101
The point is that all the written benefits and perks should be what you expect. Unwritten ones are just a bonus.
Agreed. Except that op-ups based on status are by far one of the considerations (at least for me, apart from F lounge access) to try and attain status. Speaking for myself, if it were a random lottery, I probably wouldn't achieve Platinum, or Gold for that matter....
Old Oct 19, 2014, 8:49 am

Programs: EK plat, ex-FB gold, Accor plat
Originally Posted by ft101
That's always been one of my "rules" as well, but lots of tales around here of it not being the case.
FYI, last time I got op-up, I had ordered SPML as usual, and checked in directly at the counter.
During the flight, FA asked me if I wanted my BC SPML or the FC meal. What fool would miss the caviar ? ^
So, SPML doesn't seem to be an obstacle.

Anyway, I guess that, at the end, it all depends on the staff and timing.

Just for information.

Last edited by ioto1902; Oct 19, 2014 at 9:03 am
Old Oct 19, 2014, 9:18 am

SPML doesn't matter for op-up - on the manifest it will say SPML loaded in J Class (or Y class).
Old Oct 25, 2014, 8:06 am

Programs: United 1K , Emirates Platinum, Lufthansa Senator, Marriott Platinum, Club Carlson Gold
No aware that the SPML is a blocker for an op-upgrade, had mutliple times order a special meal and got upgraded, normally I got asked if I still would like the special meal but hey why should you deny yourself from fine dining

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.