Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New F Pajamas and slippers

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2014, 7:01 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: EK Plat, UA GS, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Amex Centurion
New F Pajamas and slippers

Hi all, currently on EK203 DXB-JFK in F. We got new pajamas and slippers today, and the pajama sizes are not at all like the old ones. I used to wear a large in the old one, but in these new ones the large is really big! The slippers sizes stayed the same, but they are softer and keep your feet warmer now. The pajama pants and top are now the same color, opposed to the old brown and beige. Just a warning to remember this different sizing. I'm pretty sure these were just introduced this week, as I still got the old ones on my flights last month, and my JFK-DXB just 4 days ago.
Old May 27, 2014, 8:06 pm
mdb

Now of they would just turn the temperature down....
Old May 28, 2014, 1:39 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by Emirates202
Hi all, currently on EK203 DXB-JFK in F. We got new pajamas and slippers today, and the pajama sizes are not at all like the old ones. I used to wear a large in the old one, but in these new ones the large is really big! The slippers sizes stayed the same, but they are softer and keep your feet warmer now. The pajama pants and top are now the same color, opposed to the old brown and beige. Just a warning to remember this different sizing. I'm pretty sure these were just introduced this week, as I still got the old ones on my flights last month, and my JFK-DXB just 4 days ago.
so are they brown or beige?!
Old May 28, 2014, 6:12 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: EK Plat, UA GS, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Amex Centurion
Sorry for not making it clear, they're now like a beige with thin light brown stripes going down them. That's the best I can explain them haha I'll try to post a picture later.
Old May 28, 2014, 7:42 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by Emirates202
Sorry for not making it clear, they're now like a beige with thin light brown stripes going down them. That's the best I can explain them haha I'll try to post a picture later.
Cool, an improvement'?

The old ones are ugly but comfortable. I will get some hopefully on my Hong Kong trip in August.
Old May 28, 2014, 7:56 am

Programs: BA Exec Silver, Aeroplan, Hilton Honors Gold
I got the new ones two days ago YYZ-DXB. Very nice. I found the sizes to be the same. I was large in the old style, and large in the new style. Mind you, here large really means medium.

Now they just need to give us socks...
Old May 28, 2014, 9:19 am

Programs: EK Plat, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by JTXC
...Mind you, here large really means medium.
Correct, I go for XL as Large is a bit of a tight fit for me. Besides, I seem to generate quite a bit of static with those 65% poly/ 35% cotton material that they use. Wish they would hand out 100% cotton in F at least...
Old May 28, 2014, 10:02 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
My personal first world problem re the PJ's is that ideally I need the large top but only medium size bottoms. Since I have rarely been on a flight when the F cabin is 100% full, the FA's are generally good enough (if asked very nicely ) to provide me with a second kit, so that I can do the necessary mix&match.
Old May 28, 2014, 10:51 pm

Programs: EK, AA, DL, UA, SPG, HGP, Amex
Here's a photo of John Bishop sporting the new PJs (twitter: @johnbishop100)

https://twitter.com/JohnBishop100/st...349888/photo/1
Old May 29, 2014, 12:29 am

Originally Posted by extramileage
Here's a photo of John Bishop sporting the new PJs (twitter: @johnbishop100)

https://twitter.com/JohnBishop100/st...349888/photo/1
Thankfully, Twitter is blocked here at work.
Old May 29, 2014, 7:13 pm

Programs: Skywards Plat, Etihad Gold, Aerosvit Gold, Virgin Silver, AA lifetime Gold, Sirius Gold
XL used to be my size but the new ones were far too big for me (mainly in the length of the leg) so I dropped back to Large and all seems fine again. Perhaps it is a response to the increasing girth of people that is being widely reported at the moment because the old XL would not fit a lot of people that I see around and about.
Old Apr 28, 2015, 8:45 am

Programs: EK-IO, UA-1K2MM, ETIHAD-GOLD, SPG-PLAT LIFETIME, JUMEIRAH SERIUS GOLD
Originally Posted by JTXC

Now they just need to give us socks...
All you have to do is ask. I prefer socks as well and they have plenty for business class (or maybe its economy??) that the crew will be more then happy to bring you
Old Apr 28, 2015, 9:06 am
formerly vienna-resident
Marriott Contributor Badge

What's the material of the new ones? IIRC, the old ones were not cotton, but rather some synthetic fiber... The best ones I've ever had are the Zimmerli pyjamas on Swiss First.
Old Jun 26, 2015, 1:21 am

Programs: Starwood P100, Alaska G75, United 1K, Hilton Diamond, ANA
I don't give these huge style points, but some of the posters are correct, they are very comfortable! I saved mine and use them when I'm staying with family/friends just so I have something easy to put on and look decent in the morning. I just wish they came in much smaller sizes. My girlfriend was swimming in the smallest pair they had available!
Old Jun 26, 2015, 1:24 am

Programs: Starwood P100, Alaska G75, United 1K, Hilton Diamond, ANA
XS or S Pajama Size?

Hello all, I'm going to be flying EK again on several legs in F. Anyone hear of or have any luck in getting smaller pajama sizes? Maybe a XS or S? As I recall my girlfriend got a M last time and was swimming in them. When we asked the crew if they had anything smaller they said that's the smallest they had, on both legs of our flight. Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.