Search

Emirates complaint handling...

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2014, 9:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: Skywards Gold
Emirates complaint handling...

Dear Mr m3red

Thank you for your e-mail message of 7th April.

It is of concern to learn of the discomfort you described at seat 23K, onboard flight EK 017, from Dubai to Manchester on 4th April, flight EK 017.

However, I am unable to find any reports in this regard; and despite checking the technical log book for flights prior to and directly after this flight, nothing has been logged as defective for seat 23K (which was allocated to you at check-in).

May I respectfully suggest that should you face any difficulty onboard future flights, that you request the assistance of the Senior Cabin Crew Member. He/she will do their best to assist you at the time, and report the matter directly to the respective department.

Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention, and for allowing me the opportunity to respond. We look forward to welcoming you onboard again soon.

Yours sincerely,

XXXX
Customer Affairs

I did log it with the senior because I know if it isn't logged they accuse you of lying like above.

I also took photos...might share them on twitter later.

Pretty poor response

Last edited by eightblack; Apr 10, 2014 at 1:37 pm Reason: Removed staff members name
Old Apr 10, 2014, 10:12 am

Programs: BA Bronze
I had filled in their online comment form (rather than making a complaint as such) about the large / front of cabin IFE screens flashing bright white between loops. It was pretty difficult to sleep with this going on during the night but eventually requested, and received, a blindfold. The e-mail back from EK simply said sorry and they would pass the message on to the relevant department... no idea whether that would lead to anything changing.
Old Apr 10, 2014, 10:20 am
Original Poster

Let's hope the tweet with the above photo works. They messaged me straight away so hopefully a better resolution than being accused of not telling the truth!
Old Apr 11, 2014, 6:19 pm

Some of those A380s are starting to show their age. I took EDE a few weeks ago and both F seats I used had deep tears in the leather (seem to be touched up by some form of grey'ish glue). The J seat I had the pleasure to try for few minutes while waiting the upgrade had a worn up leg rest and a wobbly seat base.

I checked planefinder and you seem to have been on EET which is not even 6 months old!
Old Apr 12, 2014, 12:07 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by edy4eva
Some of those A380s are starting to show their age. I took EDE a few weeks ago and both F seats I used had deep tears in the leather (seem to be touched up by some form of grey'ish glue). The J seat I had the pleasure to try for few minutes while waiting the upgrade had a worn up leg rest and a wobbly seat base.

I checked planefinder and you seem to have been on EET which is not even 6 months old!
It was brand new, the plane that went to gla I believe!

It was a poor response though, I don't expect to be accused of not telling the truth...
Old Apr 12, 2014, 9:02 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Plat(Soon to be gold), HHonors Silver, Amex Gold
EK customer service at their best m3 Told you not to expect anything...EK never do anything wrong
Old Apr 12, 2014, 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by m3red
It was brand new, the plane that went to gla I believe!

It was a poor response though, I don't expect to be accused of not telling the truth...
A6-EET went to Glasgow.
Old Apr 12, 2014, 5:55 pm

Programs: EK Skywards silver Miles and Smiles Hilton Honours Hyatt Priority Club Kestrel A
Originally Posted by DXBFlyer
EK customer service at their best m3 Told you not to expect anything...EK never do anything wrong

Yep - I sympathise. I whinged on here a few months ago about the response I got from customer service when they told me they lost my special meal. They were adamant I got it and ate it as the cabin crew said I did - therefore the implication was that I was lying.
Since then (last November) I've had problems twice with my meal and not a peep back from EK to my complaints.
The last flight I took in March the call bell and overhead lights didnt work - the steward logged it and apologized and told me to complain....
I did and heard nothing back except the automated response yet again.
Mindful of what somone else said on another thread on FT about cutomer service and that they had an immediate reply to a compliment, I also gave them a compliment about the excellent crew on that same flight
Result? Nothing back again.
They just don't seem to bother responding.
Old Apr 12, 2014, 7:36 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold, Amex Plat, SkyTeam Silver
Did you send the photos to them m3red?
Old Apr 12, 2014, 8:52 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Plat(Soon to be gold), HHonors Silver, Amex Gold
Originally Posted by daisymay2
Yep - I sympathise. I whinged on here a few months ago about the response I got from customer service when they told me they lost my special meal. They were adamant I got it and ate it as the cabin crew said I did - therefore the implication was that I was lying.
Since then (last November) I've had problems twice with my meal and not a peep back from EK to my complaints.
The last flight I took in March the call bell and overhead lights didnt work - the steward logged it and apologized and told me to complain....
I did and heard nothing back except the automated response yet again.
Mindful of what somone else said on another thread on FT about cutomer service and that they had an immediate reply to a compliment, I also gave them a compliment about the excellent crew on that same flight
Result? Nothing back again.
They just don't seem to bother responding.
Daisymay - compliments never make it to the crew concerned. If they are written on board they get passed on but compliments are thrown in the bin so if you do really wish to make a compliment you need to insist and follow up three or four times.
The head of EK Customer affairs seems to be really good at his job Note my sarcasm as experienced from personal dealings with him.
Old Apr 12, 2014, 9:40 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by marconess
Did you send the photos to them m3red?
I tweeted the pics to them

Basically if you have any issue onboard it needs to be logged hence why i asked the sfs who clearly couldn't be bothered to write it down. He even came to the seat to have a look!
Old Apr 13, 2014, 12:55 am

Programs: Skywards Platinum
I think EK has a special garbage bin labeled "customer complaints" where printed complaints go for further processing... at a recycling facility, and EK gets a clean sheet of recycled paper back. I.E. You will probably have better luck walking up to a wall in your home and complaining to it. I can assure you that you will get less frustration from the response of your wall vs. the response from EK.

I just look back on when I was downgraded (downguaged?) from F to J on a segment of a paid F fare and EK responded to me that I am entitled to no partial refund or compensation. I was entitled to the "whenever" refund. When? NEVER!

Last edited by whimike; Apr 13, 2014 at 1:00 am
Old Apr 13, 2014, 1:19 am
Original Poster

Its annoying as its not cheap to fly and I pay for all my travel myself. Next time I'll ask for evidence that its been logged....
Old Apr 13, 2014, 6:35 am

It really is a complete lottery in customer response - you've got issues like this brushed off, I'm sure most of us frequent travellers on EK have a non-response story or ten, but once I wrote in with a simple query about tea (not even a complaint) and got given 10k Skywards miles...your mileage indeed will vary...
Old Apr 14, 2014, 1:07 am

Programs: EK Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Gold
I had a problem in 23A recently on EK17.

The footrest was knackered, which meant the front would fall down onto the ledge you store your shoes underneath. The purser sorted out a couple of little empty crates for underneath, not elegant but did the job admirably.

Pretty poor though, definitely starting to fall apart!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.