Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2014 Skywards Card & "gift"

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2014, 6:37 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
The EK manager (or team ....??) who first looked at a sample of this wallet from the supplier and then said ......"yes, this is exactly the sort of quality item that will be appreciated & valued by all our Gold members...." is without doubt in the wrong job.

I can honestly say that I would rather they had not sent me anything at all ; at least that way I wouldn't be left thinking just how 'out of sync' it is with the general standard & overall image projected by Emirates.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 12:16 pm

Programs: EK Gold, AB Gold, TK Elite, Le Club Accor Platinum, HH Gold
Well, at least you received something more than the card and plastic luggage tags. I am wondering whether it has been worthy a whole year flying most of my flights with Emirates. Tomorrow the manager of the representative office of Turkish airlines is coming to meet me. Maybe I'll change my booking habits. And it is not only because of no op ups, the lack of gifts, etc. It is just that prices and services are not as they were when I started flying with them.
Old Oct 27, 2014, 4:05 am

Programs: EK Gold, AB Gold, TK Elite, Le Club Accor Platinum, HH Gold
No "gift" any more

Answer from Emirates regarding my last message:

"We wish to inform that effective, 25 September, 2014 Skywards Gold membership packs would no longer include a welcome gift and thus you did not receive one with your Skywards Gold membership pack."

I qualified in the 22nd though. But well, never mid. It was just to let you know that from now on, no "gift" will be send.
Old Oct 27, 2014, 4:39 am

Programs: EK Plat, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Kant1979

"We wish to inform that effective, 25 September, 2014 Skywards Gold membership packs would no longer include a welcome gift and thus you did not receive one with your Skywards Gold membership pack."

I qualified in the 22nd though. But well, never mid. It was just to let you know that from now on, no "gift" will be send.
With the kind of 'trash' they have been sending lately, consider it their contribution to a cleaner and greener environment.
Old Oct 27, 2014, 8:08 am

Programs: Skywards GOLD, Eurobonus DIAMOND, Etihad Guest GOLD

My guess is: We survives
Old Oct 30, 2014, 6:17 am

Programs: EK Platinum
FYI for those interested, the Plat gifts are the following:

I chose the Pen. What did the others go with?
Old Oct 30, 2014, 6:46 am

Programs: Emirates Skywards Gold | South African Airways Voyager Gold
Sennheisers!!! ��

It's settled. I am booking my MR!

By the way, with my Skywards qualification to Gold, I was not asked if I would like a gift...
Old Oct 30, 2014, 7:47 am

Programs: Mucci des canapes, Skywards Gold, BAEC, IC Plat Amb, LH FTV
Originally Posted by Ahmed777
By the way, with my Skywards qualification to Gold, I was not asked if I would like a gift...
EK are not showing you much love at the moment
Old Oct 30, 2014, 10:24 am

Programs: Skywards Platinum
Originally Posted by w00t
FYI for those interested, the Plat gifts are the following:

I chose the Pen. What did the others go with?
Is this for renewals, or just first time Platinums?
Old Oct 30, 2014, 11:52 am

Programs: Emirates Skywards Gold | South African Airways Voyager Gold
Originally Posted by pomkiwi
I am clearly on the naughty list...
Old Oct 30, 2014, 12:50 pm

Programs: EK Plat, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by YohYohY
Is this for renewals, or just first time Platinums?
Renewals also. I still haven't ordered mine...
Old Oct 30, 2014, 1:16 pm

Programs: EK, BA, EY, SQ, IHG, HH, SPG
Originally Posted by Ahmed777
Quote:

Originally Posted by pomkiwi

I am clearly on the naughty list...
It's a shame the won't even let you sit in the naughty corner In the lounge !
Old Oct 31, 2014, 2:09 am

Programs: EK, AA, DL, UA, SPG, HGP, Amex
I got the adapter, as I'd lost mine. It's actually a nice product as far as those go

Most of these products are available on duty free or emirates high street (or elsewhere online), so you can compare (retail) prices if you care.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 4:34 pm

Programs: EK plat, ex-FB gold, Accor plat

Damn ! What are they thinking ?!?
Don't they realize that Gold are good advertising multipliers ?
We are not asking for expensive goods, but just something exclusive and useful, in a sense that only Gold can get.
By filling a questionnaire on board, I got a real nice red metallic ballpen (marked with white EK logo). I'm quite happy as I've never seen it anywhere else, and it looks more qualitative than the FCL ball pen. I'm still using it daily.
This kind of 5-USD gift is just enough.

Maybe EK has now more pax than they can fill all their A388, ... or too many Gold.
Old Jul 3, 2015, 6:51 am

Programs: EK Platinum
Originally Posted by ioto1902

Maybe EK has now more pax than they can fill all their A388, ... or too many Gold.
Just today I talked to a senior staff member of EK during the flight IAD-DXB who told me that there would now be 10 Mio? Skywards members. He said imagine how many Gold members we have...

The problem for them he said is, that for example today we have about 30 Gold members on board, most of them sitting in Y class. And we have to go to each of them to say hello. And this would always be the case. He was wondering himself and would expect the Gold members to sit in C Class, but most of times he told me they are always booked in Y class. And that the Gold members are too many now...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.