Wiki Posts
Search

EK Lounge for LAX coming soon

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2014, 8:35 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by MonThruThurs
I talked to the gate agent when checking in today, the lounge should be open by the end of the year.

The LAX SkyTeam lounge isn't that bad. Although, the F section is very small are there are no plugs out on the balcony. Food is pretty weak too. All in all, better than sitting at the gate!
Still no news on a LAX lounge?

And what exactly is the "Skyteam Lounge"? The Skyteam website doesn't list such a lounge. Is it the KE lounge mentioned above?
Old Nov 12, 2014, 8:06 pm

Programs: General Awesome Guy
Originally Posted by WanderlustB
Negative. For LAX, its the Korean Air operated SkyTeam Lounge. In both business, and especially first, I find it weak compared to Air New Zealand operated Star Alliance lounge. Limited food options, and business side looks crowded. First lounge is 12 big chairs with the same food options as business, served in a private area. That said, I do like Korean beer!!!

Time for EK to develop a lounge and better boarding procedures at LAX.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 10:50 pm

Programs: free agent
Will fly F with EK in mid-March. Anyone have latest info on lounge's opening date?
Old Feb 10, 2015, 2:37 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Putt86
Will fly F with EK in mid-March. Anyone have latest info on lounge's opening date?
According to OneMileAtATime post, the new Emirates LAX lounge should open by end of January. Since it's already February, I doubt it has been delayed. Anybody has any insights when this lounge will be open?
Old Feb 10, 2015, 9:50 pm

Originally Posted by thebluejean
According to OneMileAtATime post, the new Emirates LAX lounge should open by end of January. Since it's already February, I doubt it has been delayed. Anybody has any insights when this lounge will be open?
same here, i was wondering after read OMAT's post. I will be more than happy to report in mid-March, but hopefully someone can spill beans before me.
Old Feb 20, 2015, 7:36 am

New OMAT post this morning - EK lounge open at LAX and I wouldn't be there till next month so hopefully someone can report back soon.
Old Feb 21, 2015, 4:21 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Probably can't use this as an arrivals lounge despite onward travel right?
Old Feb 21, 2015, 10:24 am

Originally Posted by beckoa
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Probably can't use this as an arrivals lounge despite onward travel right?
Unless there are specific arrangements in place for the EK lounge at LAX with regards to arrivals on specific services then unfortunately not - EK's policy is to allow access based on departing flight only (unless you are an iO).
Old Feb 23, 2015, 5:36 pm

Programs: UA, AA, AS, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hilton Diamond
Does anyone know where the the new Emirates Lounges is located inside TBIT? Is it on Level 5 along with the rest of the alliance lounges? Close to which gate?

Thanks!
Old Feb 23, 2015, 6:05 pm

Originally Posted by glu800
Does anyone know where the the new Emirates Lounges is located inside TBIT? Is it on Level 5 along with the rest of the alliance lounges? Close to which gate?
This is quite old, so I've no idea if things changed, but it shows it on Level 6.

http://www.lawa.org/uploadedFiles/LA...r%20Insert.pdf
Old Feb 23, 2015, 6:53 pm

Originally Posted by glu800

Thanks!
Right above the Korean Air / Skyteam lounge
Old Feb 23, 2015, 6:55 pm

Programs: UA, AA, AS, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hilton Diamond
Great, thanks for the info ft101 and Angeleno228! Hopefully we can see a review somewhere soon.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 10:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
EK Lounge for LAX coming soon

It's on Level 6, where the *A lounge overlooks from the north concourse side of the central TBIT area, the EK lounge overlooks the central area from the south concourse side.

The lounge has a decent amount of space, seems it would have a few seats to spare even with a full flight load. It did not feel crowded at all while I was there, with business class ok the plane appearing to be about half full best that I could see. No separate area for first class. Shower area was a little cramped in my opinion, but otherwise the lounge was very good. Bathroom was nice, had an ablution area in the men's room separated from the sinks, and a prayer room nearby. Numerous food options for a once daily outstation lounge, 8 warm dishes including lobster cake, decent steak, and salmon, as well as multiple dessert options, and a soup. Solid supply of water, soft drinks, beers, and wine. Veuve Cliquot was the champagne on offer, though the other wines were of good quality. Excellent lounge staff, very attentive and very helpful, they must have trained for quite a while before opening the lounge as you wouldn't know it just opened this month from interacting with them. Daniel is particularly good if you are fortunate enough, staff overall better than a number of first class lounges I've been to honestly.

I have a picture on Instagram of parts of it (admittedly with pictures of the alcohol selection front and center, posting to the IG audience and not FT ): http://instagram.com/p/zf_4zjHEMf/
Old Feb 25, 2015, 11:12 am

Programs: AS; Hyatt; Bonvoy
Originally Posted by TheBOSman
It's on Level 6, where the *A lounge overlooks from the north concourse side of the central TBIT area, the EK lounge overlooks the central area from the south concourse side.

The lounge has a decent amount of space, seems it would have a few seats to spare even with a full flight load. It did not feel crowded at all while I was there, with business class ok the plane appearing to be about half full best that I could see. No separate area for first class. Shower area was a little cramped in my opinion, but otherwise the lounge was very good. Bathroom was nice, had an ablution area in the men's room separated from the sinks, and a prayer room nearby. Numerous food options for a once daily outstation lounge, 8 warm dishes including lobster cake, decent steak, and salmon, as well as multiple dessert options, and a soup. Solid supply of water, soft drinks, beers, and wine. Veuve Cliquot was the champagne on offer, though the other wines were of good quality. Excellent lounge staff, very attentive and very helpful, they must have trained for quite a while before opening the lounge as you wouldn't know it just opened this month from interacting with them. Daniel is particularly good if you are fortunate enough, staff overall better than a number of first class lounges I've been to honestly.

I have a picture on Instagram of parts of it (admittedly with pictures of the alcohol selection front and center, posting to the IG audience and not FT ):
https://instagram.com/p/zf_4zjHEMf/
Nice! It looks like a 500% improvement over the shared space KAL space they had been using.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 8:31 pm

theBOSman thank you so much for writing your experience, and can't wait for my turn next month. actually appreciate your foto on booze selection, because it's something i care about Additionally, it'll be my first EK F experience and i hope that i wouldnt eat or drink too much before riding the whale!

Btw, I'm hoping i'll get a chance to drink my first and likely to be last Hennessy Paradis!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.