Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Emirates New Routes and Changes 2013

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Emirates New Routes and Changes 2013

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2013, 5:16 am

Originally Posted by HB-IWC
Making EK404/405 nonstop would mean having all 3 daily MEL nonstops leave DXB around the same time. I believe an extra nonstop would leave DXB around 2 am, which is when EK408 operates. That said, the remaining one stop flight may well be rerouted through KUL if EK-QF wants to keep an Australia - KUL connection alive.

It is clear that something will need to happen to BNE. I foresee either a third flight (EK or QF operated) or an upgauge to A380 of EK434/435.
I don't really see an upgauge to A380 in Brisbane as per last interview with Tim Clark saying he would stop the rumours about that. I should think, if anything happening to Brisbane, it will be a third flight as it is already done for Sydney, Melbourne and recently Perth.
Old Feb 27, 2013, 6:28 am

Programs: EK Skywards, JL Mileage Bank
It seems that Emirates are taking A380 (wonderfully comfortable) off the Tokyo Narita Route, to be replaced by the tighter economy cabins and much less good business class cabins of 777300ER. Maybe this is to do with a new flight starting to Tokyo Haneda from this summer with 777200LR? Either way, it's definitely going to be less comfortable to fly to Tokyo with EK from this summer...
Old Feb 27, 2013, 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by Tokyobuta
... and much less good business class cabins of 777300ER.
I agree with this description - many on here don't.
Old Feb 27, 2013, 4:12 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, AC *S, Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by ft101
I agree with this description - many on here don't.
I think seat-wise there is no argument the A380 is better. However, in terms of overall experience, there is some debate. FWIW I prefer the small cabin / exclusivity of the 77W (especially Rows 6-7 on the 77W) and the seat is not bad (but definitely worse than the 388). On a night flight where I will be sleeping, I would take the A380 but on a day flight when I want to enjoy the service, I would be torn. Waiting for your meal on the A380 is a downright frustrating experince.
Old Feb 27, 2013, 5:48 pm

Originally Posted by sadiqhassan
FWIW I prefer the small cabin / exclusivity of the 77W (especially Rows 6-7 on the 77W) . . .
Yes, I currently have 6 sectors booked in 7J.

Originally Posted by sadiqhassan
Waiting for your meal on the A380 is a downright frustrating experince.
I go for a seat in the rear cabin and wait in the bar where I can see the progress. My only upcoming A380 sector however is in Y.
Old Feb 27, 2013, 6:24 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, AC *S, Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by ft101
Yes, I currently have 6 sectors booked in 7J.

May I ask what your rationale is for 7J? I always book 7B but am now wondering why I don't go for 7D/F instead. If flight's empty, 7E may remain empty and even if it's taken, there is a 50% chance the pax decided to exit on the opposite side. I guess I pick 7B for the view but I'm tempted to go for 7D for my next sector.
Old Feb 27, 2013, 6:46 pm

I prefer an aisle to the window.

I prefer the right side of the plane to the left.

I prefer the front cabin to the rear.

Row 6 is usually blocked but has the ICE monitors in the bulkhead which I don't like.

So I could easily be in 7E and get all this but I occasionally fly with a mate who has the same preferences as me, and I've always taken 7J while he's been in 7E so I just stick there now out of habit I suppose.
Old Feb 28, 2013, 7:01 am

Programs: EK Skywards, JL Mileage Bank
A380 v 777ER. I guess it's entirely a matter of personal preference. For me the A380 is very much better. I only ever fly one EK route, MAN-DXB-NRT, several times each year, usually in Y, sometimes in Business. I started flying with EK 3 years ago. At that time both EK segments were 777, then first MAN-DXB, and later DXB-NRT changed to A380. These changes just seemed to make the flights progressively more comfortable - but that's only my preference. The icing on the cake was the absolutely brilliant new A380 terminal at Dubai on my last flight.
So far I've flown in Y and Business on both aircraft and once (miles upgrade) in First on A380. In the Economy cabin the A380 is just a lot more comfortable, with its wider seats and spacious feeling. I can see both sides of the Business seat argument, but since the longer DXB-NRT segment is a night flight, the horizontal flat seat of the A380 wins hands down for me.
Service in Y seems to vary very much between flights - sometimes brilliant and sometimes quite poor. Service in A380 Business is also variable and occasionally seems slow or a little offhand, but is generally very good. It's a personal thing, but I'd always choose a more comfortable, easily accessed seat over service if I had to. Shouldn't have to, though.
And am still grumpy about EK taking the A380 off the Tokyo route...
Old Feb 28, 2013, 10:43 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
A380 v 777ER. I guess it's entirely a matter of personal preference. For me the A380 is very much better. I only ever fly one EK route, MAN-DXB-NRT, several times each year, usually in Y, sometimes in Business. I started flying with EK 3 years ago. At that time both EK segments were 777, then first MAN-DXB, and later DXB-NRT changed to A380. These changes just seemed to make the flights progressively more comfortable - but that's only my preference. The icing on the cake was the absolutely brilliant new A380 terminal at Dubai on my last flight.
So far I've flown in Y and Business on both aircraft and once (miles upgrade) in First on A380. In the Economy cabin the A380 is just a lot more comfortable, with its wider seats and spacious feeling. I can see both sides of the Business seat argument, but since the longer DXB-NRT segment is a night flight, the horizontal flat seat of the A380 wins hands down for me.
Service in Y seems to vary very much between flights - sometimes brilliant and sometimes quite poor. Service in A380 Business is also variable and occasionally seems slow or a little offhand, but is generally very good. It's a personal thing, but I'd always choose a more comfortable, easily accessed seat over service if I had to. Shouldn't have to, though.
And am still grumpy about EK taking the A380 off the Tokyo route...
777 is better 380 j seat is narrow and I find the 777 one better.

Service on380 in j can be shocking and this is more than one occasion. In f it's debatable but in j 777is superior.
Old Feb 28, 2013, 11:57 am

Originally Posted by m3red
777 is better 380 j seat is narrow and I find the 777 one better..
I think the following sums it up perfectly:

I guess it's entirely a matter of personal preference.
Old Feb 28, 2013, 1:29 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

I'm very rarely in my seat whilst in J on the A380...
Old Feb 28, 2013, 11:02 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
I'm very rarely in my seat whilst in J on the A380...

I have 2 380s dxb lhr 15 April (ek5) then man dxb 21 ek18. Would rather be on the 777 back but the ticket was expensive. It's already 17,400 dirhams nearly 3k for j flex so I ll be drinking my way through both flights at the bar unless I get opped up (no chance)
Old Mar 1, 2013, 5:01 am

A new article about Algiers launch today:

http://www.tradearabia.com/news/TTN_231518.html
Old Mar 1, 2013, 11:51 am

Apparently MXP-JFK is more or less for sure now. However it still depends on some logistics with JFK, I've heard. Main reason is to supplement cargo.
Old Mar 2, 2013, 4:00 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Originally Posted by CaptainEKAirbus
Apparently MXP-JFK is more or less for sure now. However it still depends on some logistics with JFK, I've heard. Main reason is to supplement cargo.
Excellent. Can we assume it'll be with A380?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.