Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

3 class 77W oeprating as 2 class to NCL

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2012, 3:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Gold, Marriott Silver, Continental OnePass, BA Executive Club, Tesco ;)

Hi All,

I'm flying to NCL (ticketed in J) later this month which is due to be operated by a three class 77W despite being a 2 class service.

Any chance that I'll be able to reserve a suite at check in, or are they likely to block them off? (I'm gold if that makes any difference.)

Thanks,

Old Sep 16, 2012, 4:00 am

From experience, 3-class aircraft operated on 2-class routes get the F blocked off unless there is overbooking in the lower classes. They usually bump Golds first to the F seats from J if the flight is oversold (but not if the number of passengers still matches the number of seats in J+Y).

Last edited by edy4eva; Sep 16, 2012 at 5:19 am
Old Sep 16, 2012, 4:01 am

Programs: BA Blue
Unless they _need_ the seats, then they won't be used. I have had a 3-class twice DXB to BHX and both times the suites have just been left unused. Crew use them to store the mattresses etc
Old Sep 16, 2012, 5:44 am

Any time I've seen this before a plane with old F has been used, not suites. In those cases F seats were blocked online but used on the day if business cabin was filled.
Old Sep 16, 2012, 6:01 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Same as on the dxb Saigon route

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.