Search

Pre-Arranged Visa Query

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2012, 9:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Skywards Silver
Pre-Arranged Visa Query

Hi,

Quick question about the Pre-Arranged visa service offered by Emirates.

I am a Canadian citizen and transiting through Dubai. I wanted to get a visa for a future visit but not sure which carrier I would be flying with in the future. On my current ticket with Emirates, it gives me the option of booking a pre-arranged visa online.
Does anyone know if you are able to book the visa on a ticket you have purchased and use it at a later date? How long would the visa be valid for? When would it expire and what are the conditions of use.

Thank you.
Old Jul 11, 2012, 1:20 am

Validity is 60 days from date of issue.

Duration of stay is either 96 hours or 60 days depending on the layover duration in your original itinerary from which the visa was issued.

Visa can be used on any other trip if you want, but you must be arriving or departing on Emirates for the sponsorship to be valid and must hold a confirmed ticket issued to demonstrate this.
Old Jul 12, 2012, 12:25 am

Location: YVR - Vancouver, with most winter weekends in Whistler.
Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Alaska MVP, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
I am in this same research process here with Emirates as a Canadian Passport Holder

My understanding from this website is that it has to be electronically attached to the ticket that you buy.

UAE Visa and Passport Information

I also interpret this to mean that you have to have a return ticket with Emirates in order to qualify - based on this paragraph:

"This service is only available to passengers with a confirmed Emirates booking where an Emirates eticket has already been issued and the flight itinerary already includes the desired time in Dubai. Note that any itineraries including any flights to or from Dubai on other carriers are not eligible for the online visa service. "

I believe this is to allow the IT department to know that you have a guaranteed exit date, and would qualify for either the 96hr (or less) or 60 day (or less) visa.

I don't think you can save it for later or fly inbound on Emirates and outbound on LH or United for example.

If you know of a work around, I'd love to hear it!!
Old Jul 12, 2012, 2:13 am

Once the visa is issued, it becomes valid for use on any itinerary provided that Emirates is one of the carriers transporting you either to/from Dubai and that all your flight segments are confirmed and ticketed.

The visa is stored in the immigration database under your passport number as the unique key and includes your basic personal data (including photograph). Immigration has no record of your original itinerary from which the visa is issued and they do not care either. Once you have a valid sponsor and do not violate the terms of the visa, they are happy to let you enter.

If you really want, you can go to the immigration office in Dubai T3 and request a printout of your visa record. They charge AED 20 for this, but you can see all the data (in Arabic) that they hold on you with regards the visa application and restrictions.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.