JFK Boarding

Old Sep 22, 2012, 9:43 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: EK Plat, UA GS, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Amex Centurion
JFK Boarding

Hey everyone, I just got into DXB on EK202. Last night, boarding was done using gate A7. Usually, EK uses A6 at JFK bc of the direct lounge to upper deck boarding. Sometimes the lounge gate doesn't work, so we need to walk downstairs, and board from their, still straight to the upper deck for F/J. Last night though, a Virgin A346 was in our gate, and we had to board using A7, which doesn't connect to the upper deck. It was a mess, as they had Y/J/F boarding through 1L simultaneously, while 2L was sometime used. Than we had to walk up the stairs, to the upper deck. The crew were frustrated, and said that they had to do this when they got into JFK a day earlier. I wonder why they did this, as it must cause problems for disabled people in F/J to walk up stairs.

Thoughts?
Old Sep 22, 2012, 4:07 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club Gold, *G, EK Skywards Silver
* Maybe one of the jetties on A6 is/was U/S?

* Maybe Virgin use stand A6 when EK are not there, and their A340 went tech?

* Maybe stand A6 was occupied when EK arrived from DXB?
Old Sep 23, 2012, 3:44 pm

There was taxi-way construction that rendered the normal gate unusable for 380 ops. The same thing happened to SQ that evening and a few days prior.

Gate A6 was authorized for a380 use yesterday.
Old Sep 23, 2012, 6:55 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: EK Plat, UA GS, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Amex Centurion
Originally Posted by jfklucky777
There was taxi-way construction that rendered the normal gate unusable for 380 ops. The same thing happened to SQ that evening and a few days prior.

Gate A6 was authorized for a380 use yesterday.
Oh ok. Thanks for the clarification!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.