Wiki Posts
Search

EK1 AKL-DXB award upgrades J to F

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2010, 4:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: Skywards
EK413 AKL-DXB award upgrades J to F

Anyone have any idea about award upgrade availability on the above flight? There's nothing available at the time of writing (flight is 28/1/2011), however I do have the option of upgrading the outbound flight (EK434 DXB - AKL 26/12/2010).

My quandary is, do I take the option of upgrading to F on the A345 now (which will give me a better seat than the sleeperette in J), or risk waiting until nearer the inbound departure on the off chance a seat becomes available on the A388?

Thanks!

(edited to correct flight number)

Last edited by cottons; Aug 5, 2010 at 7:46 am
Old Aug 5, 2010, 8:27 am

Programs: EK Gold, BA Silver, IHC Plat, HERTZ gold, GF Gold, SAS Silver
Personally I would wait as the 28th is my Birthday! But again, that's really personal!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Aug 5, 2010, 8:58 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Down_the_back
Personally I would wait as the 28th is my Birthday! But again, that's really personal!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'll have a glass of champagne for your health on the day then
Old Aug 5, 2010, 12:06 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Confirmed F is better than mere possibility of F.
Old Aug 5, 2010, 2:15 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold, Qantas FF
Originally Posted by cottons
Anyone have any idea about award upgrade availability on the above flight? There's nothing available at the time of writing (flight is 28/1/2011), however I do have the option of upgrading the outbound flight (EK434 DXB - AKL 26/12/2010).

My quandary is, do I take the option of upgrading to F on the A345 now (which will give me a better seat than the sleeperette in J), or risk waiting until nearer the inbound departure on the off chance a seat becomes available on the A388?

Thanks!

(edited to correct flight number)
I would wait as the A380 F is a better experience especially on a Long haul !

As you're travelling DXB- AKL is there a particular reason for choosing the EK434 ?

It would be better to go with EK406/EK412 for the better J product.

If you do wait and don't get the upgrade - the A380 J is still a good product

Cheers
Old Aug 6, 2010, 3:09 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by EK_Flyer
As you're travelling DXB- AKL is there a particular reason for choosing the EK434 ?
It would be better to go with EK406/EK412 for the better J product.
No reason other than the prices at the time of booking, we're actually leaving out of LGW rather than LHR for a 650 quid difference.

I'll keep an eye out for seats for now I think, I've used F on the 345 before and would rather try the upgrade on the 388, but usually toward DXB I find F quite full.
Old Aug 6, 2010, 4:29 am

Programs: Skywards Gold, Qantas FF
Yup but that's LHR/LGW to DXB so if your ticket allows, then you can try to shift the DXB- AKL leg to the better EK 406/EK412.
Old Aug 6, 2010, 6:39 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by EK_Flyer
Yup but that's LHR/LGW to DXB so if your ticket allows, then you can try to shift the DXB- AKL leg to the better EK 406/EK412.
GBP230 per ticket for modifications, I don't even remember seeing 412 at the time of booking which is unfortunate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.