Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Arabian Airpass

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2011, 12:53 pm

Programs: EK Gold, , FB Gold, Jet Platinum, ICH Royal Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Sheraton Platinum
Originally Posted by edy4eva
A quick note about the booking codes. It is by definition the same ones used in the main booking. If the airpass is booked in a lower cabin, then it's the J or Y.

As for next year's, no word on it yet. But I'll let you know towards mid March when I do my next set of bookings.
The Arabian Airpass is still going for this year. I have found it best to have all the Airpass tickets issued seperately and not directly linked to the main ticket. This gives you greater flexiblity.
Old Mar 15, 2011, 6:59 am

Price increases to Arabian Airpass effective start of March (even though it's not advertised):
For zone 3: Y/J/F they are in USD 165/400/455!
Was able to book mine on old rates today though.

So it's a 10% increase for Y, 20% increase for premium. Expect that Arabian Airpass will be continued for another year, at those higher rates though.
Old Dec 22, 2011, 3:41 am

Has anyone tried to enforce the "Travel on the first coupon must be booked at the time of purchase. Travel on subsequent coupons may be booked anytime prior to departure." condition?

And I'm wondering what does it mean exactly?
Does this mean you book and pay for the first pair of coupons but can book and pay for the second pair at any time up to the date of departure on the main ticket, or does it include any time (even after having flown the first leg of the main ticket)?
Old Dec 22, 2011, 4:12 am
Zol
Moderator: Emirates Skywards and Qatar Airways Privilege Club

Programs: EK Gold|EY Gold|Bonvoy Ambassador| IHG Plat|HHonors Diamond
Has anyone tried to enforce the "Travel on the first coupon must be booked at the time of purchase. Travel on subsequent coupons may be booked anytime prior to departure." condition?

And I'm wondering what does it mean exactly?
Does this mean you book and pay for the first pair of coupons but can book and pay for the second pair at any time up to the date of departure on the main ticket, or does it include any time (even after having flown the first leg of the main ticket)?
You in fact do not have to book the first coupon at the time of purchase but it must be booked prior to departure on the first international sector. Since you have to physically visit and EK office to issue the Aribain Airpass, you can purchase your ticket online and then purchase the Airpoass coupons at the EK office. You cannot add coupons after your first international sector but you can change destinations, class of travel and dates. Note that if you do change destinations or class of travel to a lower cost they will not refund the difference.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 7:37 pm

The pass has been extended another year (till 31 March 2012). There is a nominal increase of $5 per segment to all classes, everything else stays the same.

Good news!
Old Mar 31, 2012, 6:19 am

The pass has been extended another year (till 31 March 2012). There is a nominal increase of $5 per segment to all classes, everything else stays the same.
This is 2012!
Old Mar 31, 2012, 6:32 am

Yeah and today it's 31 March 2011 and I'm writing from the past :P

It's been extended till 31 March 2013 Website will be update within 24 hours as I was told by customer service over the phone.
Old Apr 1, 2012, 7:52 pm

The new price table is now live. Interesting to see how they brought up F fares for Child and infants in line with adults. While I could understand the child fare increase (seat occupied), I don't understand the logic behind the increase in infant fare.

It will be cheaper to book a normal return infant fare @ 90% discount (works out to be 280US return for DXB-BEY).
Old May 22, 2012, 11:02 am

Programs: AS MVPG
Originally Posted by khalid26
You in fact do not have to book the first coupon at the time of purchase but it must be booked prior to departure on the first international sector. Since you have to physically visit and EK office to issue the Aribain Airpass, you can purchase your ticket online and then purchase the Airpoass coupons at the EK office. You cannot add coupons after your first international sector but you can change destinations, class of travel and dates. Note that if you do change destinations or class of travel to a lower cost they will not refund the difference.
Just want to confirm.. If I buy a ticket today SEA-DXB-BEY-DXB-SEA (not counting on using the DXB-BEY as part of my air pass, this is part of the ticket). Could I show up to the NY office in a month and add an air pass? Or does everything have to be paid for at the same time?
Old May 22, 2012, 3:44 pm
Zol

Originally Posted by lax.sea.jnu
Just want to confirm.. If I buy a ticket today SEA-DXB-BEY-DXB-SEA (not counting on using the DXB-BEY as part of my air pass, this is part of the ticket). Could I show up to the NY office in a month and add an air pass? Or does everything have to be paid for at the same time?
Yes. As long as you haven't flown out on the first international sector you can add an airpass on your international ticket.
Old May 23, 2012, 7:44 am

Programs: AS MVPG
Originally Posted by khalid26
Yes. As long as you haven't flown out on the first international sector you can add an airpass on your international ticket.
Great, thanks! One more question..apologies if it was mentioned earlier. Do airpass segments earn flex or saver miles? I'm currently booked on a flex international ticket.
Old May 23, 2012, 8:47 am

It's saver but I did upgrade some Y legs last year using skywards miles and it calculated as if it was flex.
Old May 23, 2012, 11:49 am
Zol

Originally Posted by lax.sea.jnu
Great, thanks! One more question..apologies if it was mentioned earlier. Do airpass segments earn flex or saver miles? I'm currently booked on a flex international ticket.
The same as your international ticket so flex in your case. Be careful when you book though cause it sometimes credit as saver.
Old May 27, 2012, 8:33 pm

Did anyone try to book the airpass based on a skywards ticket (ie not 'paid')?
Old May 27, 2012, 11:25 pm
Zol

Did anyone try to book the airpass based on a skywards ticket (ie not 'paid')?
You cannot. The minimum value of the international ticket must not be less than USD 500 excluding taxes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.