Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > EL AL | Matmid
Reload this Page >

EL AL Management as Dumb and Arrogant as Ever

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2017, 9:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Platinum, Avis Chairman, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, GA Pilot

http://www.globes.co.il/en/article-e...ers-1001195348

My favorite quote: "With all due respect for comfort, there is no avoiding the question of the price. In other words, will the lower fuel costs also be rolled over onto the passenger? Maimon says, 'There will be no price reduction, but we could have charged more. All the consultants told us that we could demand and receive a higher price for a Dreamliner flight, but we decided to keep the same price.'"

Company saves 47% in fuel costs and we should feel lucky that they didn't charge us more!

2 day trip to London in Mid July:
EasyJet - $327
Arkia - $475
ELAL - $771.

I guess I should be grateful they aren't charging more as I fly on Easyjet or Arkia!
Old Jul 3, 2017, 9:13 am

Programs: British Airways Gold
"The consultants told us"

Sums it up really
Old Jul 3, 2017, 9:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
They are pretty dumb and arrogant. They are lucky they have a country full of suckers and the disapora Jews who want to fly nothing but the blue and white.
Old Jul 3, 2017, 10:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Platinum, Avis Chairman, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, GA Pilot
Originally Posted by ajeleonard
"The consultants told us"

Sums it up really
I seem to remember that "the consultants" also told Tnuva they could raise the price of cottage cheese to 7-8 shekels from 5 and it started a boycott and then an entire protest movement.
Old Jul 3, 2017, 12:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
I'd love to be a fly on the wall for meetings between LY brass and their "consultants."
Old Jul 3, 2017, 1:23 pm

Programs: Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, AA Platinum Pro
A shame they're throwing away all this money (and time) on these so-called professional consultants when they could have been consulting us (FlyerTalkers)!
Old Jul 3, 2017, 6:06 pm

Originally Posted by entropy
They are pretty dumb and arrogant. They are lucky they have a country full of suckers and the disapora Jews who want to fly nothing but the blue and white.

Like you ( considering your location) I live part in the US and part in Israel. I DO fly El Al while I can. I fly it for the security. I see the joke that go on when I fly other airlines. I do not consider myself a sucker.

BTW am I the only one who made the Israel connection to what American Homeland Security wants to do. They spoke of interviewing EACH passenger, not just looking at the luggage. Ring any bells?

Yes, when you leave TLV the security is airport run and not airline specific. BUT, I don't have that luxury when I leave JFK.
Old Jul 4, 2017, 1:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Originally Posted by awayIgo
Like you ( considering your location) I live part in the US and part in Israel. I DO fly El Al while I can. I fly it for the security. I see the joke that go on when I fly other airlines. I do not consider myself a sucker.

BTW am I the only one who made the Israel connection to what American Homeland Security wants to do. They spoke of interviewing EACH passenger, not just looking at the luggage. Ring any bells?

Yes, when you leave TLV the security is airport run and not airline specific. BUT, I don't have that luxury when I leave JFK.
My problem is whatever LY may gain with security they lose with terrible safety.
Old Jul 4, 2017, 8:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM

I actually live in YYZ, was just often in TLV.

But in YYZ, I have a choice of carriers for nonstops, and typically choose AC over LY, although I do prefer the LY midnight departure out of TLV on the way back.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 9:41 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
I DO fly El Al while I can. I fly it for the security. I see the joke that go on when I fly other airlines.
Exactly how many security incidents did Delta, United, Air Canada or any of the major European based carriers experience on their flights to TLV since 9/11?
Old Jul 8, 2017, 10:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
I see the joke that go on when I fly other airlines. I do not consider myself a sucker.
What jokes exactly? And what cabin do you usually travel in?
Old Sep 16, 2017, 3:53 pm

Programs: miles & more
Originally Posted by joshwex90
My problem is whatever LY may gain with security they lose with terrible safety.
Is this just an expression of your own feelings or do you have any factual evidence to support this very serious (and frightening) sentence ?
Old Sep 17, 2017, 4:01 pm

Programs: Does Non Rev count?
Sounds like the "consultants" were the Bobs from the movie Office Space!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.