Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > EL AL | Matmid
Reload this Page >

Ben Gurion now charging for (what they call) baggage trolleys

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ben Gurion now charging for (what they call) baggage trolleys

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2017, 7:33 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by craz
For now at least its not $2.75 its Free, you just have to return the cart to a cart pen, so it seems. when they stop with the refund who knows
Well the refund is for people to return the cart themselves so Ben Gurion airport can save cost on baggage handlers or whatever you call it.
Old Mar 23, 2017, 8:38 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
Well the refund is for people to return the cart themselves so Ben Gurion airport can save cost on baggage handlers or whatever you call it.
who cares why they have it , as long as they have it, net is $0 cost, for now. Thats all that matters to me
Old Mar 23, 2017, 1:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: EL AL Matmid, BA Executive Club GfL, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
Last night the notices said that the trolleys were free "for the time being"
Old Apr 8, 2017, 1:11 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by mikebg
Last night the notices said that the trolleys were free "for the time being"
arrived 4/6 everything was like it always was, old carts with wheels not working properly. No sign of a charge coral or payment kyosk. Carts all over the place at the rental car lot area. No sign anywhere of having to pay, could be its for now only at the drop off when departing, will know in a couple of weeks
Old Apr 20, 2017, 9:54 am
Suspended

arrived 4/6 everything was like it always was, old carts with wheels not working properly. No sign of a charge coral or payment kyosk. Carts all over the place at the rental car lot area. No sign anywhere of having to pay, could be its for now only at the drop off when departing, will know in a couple of weeks
Didnt see any sign of any new carts or having to pay for a cart when I arrived @ BG the other day for my departure flight

OT: Hertz hopes to move its drop-off to T3 next month, that should save alot of time, the bad, many times when I returned my Avis car not a single cart was to be found, which is never a problem when Hertz drops me off at the departure level
Old Apr 21, 2017, 12:48 am

OT: Hertz hopes to move its drop-off to T3 next month, that should save alot of time
Good to know ^
I usually use Hertz in TLV as they are much cheaper than Avis, and an extra 10-15 minutes for the shuttle is not that big of a deal.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 10:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by Ditto
Good to know ^
I usually use Hertz in TLV as they are much cheaper than Avis
Funny, I've always found it the other way round...
Old Apr 25, 2017, 1:55 am

Originally Posted by clubman
I have 15% off with Hertz and 20% off with Avis and Avis are still consistently more expensive.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 8:19 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by clubman
Ive found HZ to be the cheapest by far, however I do book via an agent and not directly. On the negative side that means no Gold service by simply going straight down to the office in the lot or earning any pts. But the savings are worth it

Ive had people give me other agents to use or were agents themselves and just now over Pesach my guy was still $100 cheaper for the same car www.noachcar.co.il
Old Apr 25, 2017, 9:22 am

craz, ( and anyone else) I also use Noach and I find they are excellent. I've been using him for the past 3 years or so AND I do 8-10 rentals a year.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 10:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: EL AL Matmid, BA Executive Club GfL, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
Departed yesterday and had one of the new baggage trolleys (still no charge). A major improvement on the old ones. I just hope they don't break down as fast as the old design did. They do look much better built though.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 10:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
As I understand it, Noah now uses Budget. My parents saved a ton of money over the next cheapest option, which was Hertz with my dad's corporate discount (generally cheaper by a nice margin versus direct bookings)
Old Apr 25, 2017, 12:54 pm

On the negative side that means no Gold service by simply going straight down to the office in the lot or earning any pts.
Does that even exist in Israel? I always go to the normal counter where they give me the key, my name does show up on the "Gold service" screen but I was never told to go to the office in the parking lot for anything. (except if I find new damages not listed...)
Old Apr 25, 2017, 3:27 pm

( and what does this have to do with baggage carts :roll eyes

Anyway, Noach uses Hertz, Budget and Shlomo Sixt. I would walk before renting from Shlomo Sixt. Budget is less than Hertz but I always request Hertz because I like them better.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 7:33 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by awayIgo
( and what does this have to do with baggage carts :roll eyes

Anyway, Noach uses Hertz, Budget and Shlomo Sixt. I would walk before renting from Shlomo Sixt. Budget is less than Hertz but I always request Hertz because I like them better.
Budget charges $29.50 for the airport tax everyone else is $28. Rented from Budget once last year and never again

The truth is all of them are like renting from a brandX company , since none are corp but they all are franchises except Eldan, then again Eldan is also Enterprise

My main concern is if they will make sure that there are carts at T3 in the return section, yrs ago when I used Avis there wasnt a single cart to be found. I always had a cart when returning to HZ at the other lot

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.