Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > EL AL | Matmid
Reload this Page >

El Al / Israir merger nearing agreement

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2017, 2:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Gold

http://www.globes.co.il/en/article-e...rms-1001176409
Old Feb 10, 2017, 6:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
great, more of the country's airline capacity under the control of the same incompetent management and greedy unions.
Old Feb 17, 2017, 11:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Didn't they tried TLV-JFK over a decades ago? The loads is not very good. They couldn't have profitable. Because of this, it has too much competition against LY & DL.
Old Feb 18, 2017, 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by N830MH
Didn't they tried TLV-JFK over a decades ago? The loads is not very good. They couldn't have profitable. Because of this, it has too much competition against LY & DL.
Yes they did. However, the amount of flights they cancelled on no notice makes today's troubles with El Al look insignificant. I can't wait to see what happens now.
Old Jul 3, 2017, 1:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
El Al - Israir merger signed (Globes)
Old Jul 3, 2017, 8:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Gold
So to me what would make the most sense would be for El Al to add additional routes to UP based on some of the routes that Israir flew. I guess it will also be helpful for El Al to have flights to Eilat again.

It's interesting to see that they are selling the Israir planes and leasing them back - gives them a big cash infusion, and then keeping the planes just becomes a monthly expense.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.