Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > EL AL | Matmid
Reload this Page >

LY reinstated nonstop Miami to Tel Aviv

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2016, 7:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward

Great news!

El Al is reinstating nonstop Miami to Tel Aviv sometime in 2017, but there is no specific date to be set.

http://www.thenextmiami.com/el-al-re...hts-next-year/
Old Sep 22, 2016, 7:27 pm

Fantastic news.

I'd expect the route to be launch as soon as the 787 is delivered.
Old Sep 22, 2016, 10:02 pm
Suspended

Programs: Silver:BA,VX,AB, QF. Gold:A3,RJ,AZ,GF, EY,SPG,Marriott,Choice, Carlson. Dia/Plat:HH,IHG,BW,Accor
Wow. Great news.

787s.

http://www.anna.aero/2015/08/19/el-a...ing-787-order/

Last edited by benberg2013; Sep 22, 2016 at 10:10 pm
Old May 3, 2017, 5:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
3 times a week starting November operated by the 777.
Old May 3, 2017, 4:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by clubman
3 times a week starting November operated by the 777.
Awesome!! I am pretty sure about that. They can be more successful routes. Last time, they pulled out of MIA completely. Due to high costs of the fuel.

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSKBN17Z0WH
Old May 4, 2017, 11:55 pm

Programs: co AA ua
Intresting observation

I might be wrong but it intresting el al did not consider FLL. As it is closer to jewish population e.g. Aventura. Also FLL is a hub for jetblue for connecting passengers utilizing the same logic emirates followed in opening DXB to FLL. So does that mean it will use AA as partner fir connections to Latin America. Makes u wonder if aa pullout from tlv was due to el al
Old May 5, 2017, 7:08 am

Programs: DL PM, DL MM
Originally Posted by ehartal
I might be wrong but it intresting el al did not consider FLL. As it is closer to jewish population e.g. Aventura. Also FLL is a hub for jetblue for connecting passengers utilizing the same logic emirates followed in opening DXB to FLL. So does that mean it will use AA as partner fir connections to Latin America. Makes u wonder if aa pullout from tlv was due to el al
FLL doesn't make sense because MIA allows Latin America passengers to connect.

A B6 connection in FLL is somewhat unnecessary as you can connect in BOS or JFK for that.

I doubt AA pulled out of TLV because of LY. They seem to have an issue with TLV as every airline they buy, they shut down the route
Old May 5, 2017, 12:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FlyAO2
FLL doesn't make sense because MIA allows Latin America passengers to connect.

A B6 connection in FLL is somewhat unnecessary as you can connect in BOS or JFK for that.

I doubt AA pulled out of TLV because of LY. They seem to have an issue with TLV as every airline they buy, they shut down the route
Yes, they did. They pulled out of TLV completely. Due to low demand. They couldn't have enough profitability. They tried and didn't workout so well.

Unfortunately, they didn't go to FLL instead of MIA. Because they still have codeshare with JetBlue.
Old May 5, 2017, 3:22 pm

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
Originally Posted by N830MH
Yes, they did. They pulled out of TLV completely. Due to low demand. They couldn't have enough profitability. They tried and didn't workout so well.

Unfortunately, they didn't go to FLL instead of MIA. Because they still have codeshare with JetBlue.
They pulled out because of trade conflict in Israel. US Air flight PHL - TLV was very popular and profitable. But they can't do it under AA name, otherwise their plane might be confiscated.
http://www.prnewswire.com/news-relea...243314121.html
Old May 6, 2017, 8:08 am

Programs: UA 1K; LY Gold; DL Gold; BA Bronze
Do we have any details regarding the schedules of the flights?
Old May 8, 2017, 12:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by yugi
They pulled out because of trade conflict in Israel. US Air flight PHL - TLV was very popular and profitable. But they can't do it under AA name, otherwise their plane might be confiscated.
http://www.prnewswire.com/news-relea...243314121.html
Right! They will seized the plane. If they didn't pay it back to former TWA employees. That's a problem. They still had to pay it back to former TWA employees. Pay it back!
Old May 8, 2017, 9:15 am

Programs: AA (ExPlat).DL,UA Hertz (Pres Circle); Avis (First), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott (Gold)
You do understand that TWA was in bankruptcy, don't you? And American didn't acquire TWA, just certain of TWA's assets. They also eventually laid off most of the TWA Flight Attendants and Cockpit crews, because of the Seniority rules imposed by the American unions.

I sympathize with the former TWA employees at TLV. They got screwed. But so did a lot of other people, who also worked for TWA. American Airlines wasn't the problem. Neither was US Airways.
Old May 12, 2017, 12:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jeffhacker
You do understand that TWA was in bankruptcy, don't you? And American didn't acquire TWA, just certain of TWA's assets. They also eventually laid off most of the TWA Flight Attendants and Cockpit crews, because of the Seniority rules imposed by the American unions.

I sympathize with the former TWA employees at TLV. They got screwed. But so did a lot of other people, who also worked for TWA. American Airlines wasn't the problem. Neither was US Airways.
Exactly! That's why TWA is went on bankruptcy, and they losing a lots of money. That's a problem. Yes, they layoffs from work for TWA.
Old May 14, 2017, 5:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP, B6 Mosaic, DL PM
Any update on what days this will operate? And when it will go on sale?
Old May 14, 2017, 7:06 pm

Programs: EL AL Gold, BA Gold, LH M&M
Originally Posted by jay_dubya
Any update on what days this will operate? And when it will go on sale?
Will go on sale tomorrow
LY 017/018

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.