Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Crib on Elal flights

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2016, 2:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LY Plat, AF Gold, Cathay Emerald, Hertz Pres, Avis Pres, Sixt Plat, *wood Gold, Hilton Diamond, ...
Crib on Elal flights

Hey
My wife will be flying with a less than 2 month old baby in a few weeks.
I am not sure about what to book.
Does economy plus have bassinets locations?
Business will probably not worth it since you cannot lie back when having a 2 month baby with you!
What do you think? Advise?
Thanks !!
Old May 23, 2016, 11:15 pm

Programs: LY-PL, A3-*G
Originally Posted by Ruben5b
Hey
My wife will be flying with a less than 2 month old baby in a few weeks.
I am not sure about what to book.
Does economy plus have bassinets locations?
Business will probably not worth it since you cannot lie back when having a 2 month baby with you!
What do you think? Advise?
Thanks !!
which route? which aircraft?
Old May 24, 2016, 4:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: LY Plat, AF Gold, Cathay Emerald, Hertz Pres, Avis Pres, Sixt Plat, *wood Gold, Hilton Diamond, ...
TLV-CDG (premium economy is only available on the 767 and 777 or 747 on this route.
737 is a pretty bad business class product...
Old May 24, 2016, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Economy Plus and regular Economy all have bassinet locations.

If you choose to fly Biz, you should be fine considering at 2 months, the baby will sleep most of the flight.

If you choose Economy, no need to shell out money for Economy Class Plus as LY will assign the bulkhead free of charge to 2 parents flying with infant. You can call LY or, if booking through a travel agent, (I recommend it,) they will order the bassinet for you.
Old May 24, 2016, 9:33 am
Original Poster

I just spoke with Elal and unfortunately they don't seem to have bassinets in eco plus :-(
Old May 24, 2016, 10:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I just spoke with Elal and unfortunately they don't seem to have bassinets in eco plus :-(
It seems to depend on the aircraft because I just got off an LY 744 that had Y+ bassinet in the mid section
Old May 24, 2016, 5:41 pm

If I was flying with an infant, I would book the infant his or her own seat and bring a car seat for the infant to be safely strapped in. Do you realize that when seatbelt signs go on, the infant must be in your arms, they can not stay in the bassinet. Do you also realize that the only thing that is not securely strapped in on an aircraft--is your infant?

If you are contemplating springing for business, than you should use the same money to get two economy seats--one for wife and one for baby. It is the safest way for your child to travel.
Old May 25, 2016, 2:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by awayIgo
If I was flying with an infant, I would book the infant his or her own seat and bring a car seat for the infant to be safely strapped in. Do you realize that when seatbelt signs go on, the infant must be in your arms, they can not stay in the bassinet. Do you also realize that the only thing that is not securely strapped in on an aircraft--is your infant?

If you are contemplating springing for business, than you should use the same money to get two economy seats--one for wife and one for baby. It is the safest way for your child to travel.
There actually is a strap in the bassinet to strap in the infant.

And while I agree that just lying there unbelted is unsafe, it is also very unsafe for an infant to sit in a carseat for so long. Doctors in Israel recommend no longer than 45 minutes straight, with a break. Lying on their back is much safer for their health
Old Sep 19, 2016, 9:39 am
Original Poster

Answers

In the end : No bassinets in Eco plus
One ELAL rep was super kind and called passengers to ask them if they were ok to move seats.
I ended up getting bassinets on both flight (in C cabin).
737 product was not very good (a little better than domestic first class)
While on the return flight, the new 767 C product is amazing : flat bed :-)
Old Sep 20, 2016, 3:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
While on the return flight, the new 767 C product is amazing : flat bed :-)
It's a very good hard product for short haul that's for sure (compared to the airlines using a European configuration on the TLV route), but considering it's essentially a L/H product, calling it amazing is a hell of an exaggeration.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.