Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > EL AL | Matmid
Reload this Page >

EL AL flights earning miles in other program

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EL AL flights earning miles in other program

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2015, 10:02 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Originally Posted by TLVtraveler
What's wrong with TK? they are one of the best airlines for Israelis, prices are competitive in J, they have the best schedule apart from LY, best J lounge in the world, very good food and domestic F seats on most of the medium haul fleet. Not to mention that they have one of the most extensive route maps.
There is nothing wrong with it as an airline. I simply do not accept that a foreign airline can come into Israel but Israeli airlines can not go there.
Old Oct 25, 2015, 11:24 am

Programs: Delta PLT, IHG Ambassador Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, BWR Diamond
Originally Posted by Dovster
There is nothing wrong with it as an airline. I simply do not accept that a foreign airline can come into Israel but Israeli airlines can not go there.
I'm not too informed with this issue or with Israeli politics for that matter so please correct me if I'm wrong but I thought that the reason LY and other Israeli carriers no longer fly to Turkey is because the Israeli government requires a ridiculous list of security measures and the Turkish authorities aren't playing along with the Israeli shenanigans?
Old Oct 25, 2015, 11:57 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Originally Posted by TLVtraveler
I'm not too informed with this issue or with Israeli politics for that matter so please correct me if I'm wrong but I thought that the reason LY and other Israeli carriers no longer fly to Turkey is because the Israeli government requires a ridiculous list of security measures and the Turkish authorities aren't playing along with the Israeli shenanigans?
As far as I know, Israel requires the same security measures in Turkey that it does in all other countries -- and very few of them do not allow it. Turkey allowed this for years until Erdogan took power.
Old Nov 14, 2015, 10:38 am

Does ElAl earn miles on any programmes other than Matmid?

With American Airlines cancelling their miles partnership with ElAl last year, can flights on ElAl now earn miles on any programme other than Matmid?
Old Nov 14, 2015, 12:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

http://www.wheretocredit.com/el-al-israel-airlines
Old Jan 7, 2016, 1:51 pm

Originally Posted by gordo6
Check SA and QF.
Thanks for this idea. Are those the only options to receive credit for LY flights?

I have one LY flight coming up and no plans to use them regularly, so Matmid would not be a good option for me.
Old Jan 7, 2016, 1:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K; LY Gold; DL Gold; BA Bronze
Originally Posted by MaxVO
Thanks for this idea. Are those the only options to receive credit for LY flights?

I have one LY flight coming up and no plans to use them regularly, so Matmid would not be a good option for me.
Unfortunately, yes. AA and AM used to be FFP partners of LY too, but not anymore.
Old Apr 14, 2016, 8:39 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA PLT PRO, AGR, Strawberry (Nordic Choice), Marriott Bonvoy
Quick bump of this thread if anyone has any immediate thoughts on this question:

Is it better for a US-based flyer who wants to earn a few miles from an LY trip but who won't use LY that often to credit to SAA Voyager or Qantas? Which program has the better ways of extending miles that would otherwise expire?
Old Apr 15, 2016, 1:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: United. American
ok thnks
Old Apr 18, 2016, 9:39 am

Programs: *A Gold, BA Silver, Avis President, Hertz President circle
Originally Posted by salut0
Quick bump of this thread if anyone has any immediate thoughts on this question:

Is it better for a US-based flyer who wants to earn a few miles from an LY trip but who won't use LY that often to credit to SAA Voyager or Qantas? Which program has the better ways of extending miles that would otherwise expire?
Don't know about SAA, but I keep my QF account (which I use only for LY flights) alive, by using it when enting from Avis.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.