Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Guesting into Dan lounges

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2015, 3:07 pm

Programs: *A
Originally Posted by benberg2013
+1. Of the 27 *A member airlines, the following serve TLV: Aegean, Austrian, Brussels, Ethiopian, LOT, Lufthansa, SAS, Swiss, Turkish, United. So a *A lounge is definitely welcome.
On second thoughts, wouldn't the busy-ness of the dan just move to it (so we won't gain much)?
Recall that TK has 9 (?) flights a day. The (theoretical) benefit of a designated *A lounge is that the lounge will not be run for a profit, rather to enhance the ground experience for *A pax.
Originally Posted by riman
It is the same for years, not only in the "+"
The variety is quite large.
And if you know what to ask, you just get it.
Can you please elaborate?
Old Oct 1, 2015, 7:16 am

Programs: LY-PL, A3-*G
Originally Posted by sds1493
Recall that TK has 9 (?) flights a day. The (theoretical) benefit of a designated *A lounge is that the lounge will not be run for a profit, rather to enhance the ground experience for *A pax.
Who cares about exprience for *A pax? What proportion of TK pax from TLV have *status?
Or maybe you think LH cares (after they enhanced away the widebodies)?
Old Oct 1, 2015, 7:21 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Avis Chairman, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, GA Pilot
LH have a lovely lounge at LHR and that's not their main hub. If you consider LH group has Austrian, Brussels, Lufthansa and Swiss all flying a couple of flights a day to TLV, I'd say they as a group care about the market as a whole, maybe not so much about flat bed seats except LX.
Old Oct 1, 2015, 10:08 am

Originally Posted by Houminer
Who cares about exprience for *A pax? What proportion of TK pax from TLV have *status?
Or maybe you think LH cares (after they enhanced away the widebodies)?
My point was that airlines don't run lounge for a profit. This often results in a more pleasant experience for the pax.
Old Oct 28, 2015, 1:30 am

Programs: Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, AA Platinum Pro
What's the current situation with these lounges? Have they ultimately become less crowded since the mass cancellation of free access via credit card?

And generally speaking, are they less crowded now that we've entered the off-peak season?
Old Oct 28, 2015, 2:43 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Avis Chairman, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, GA Pilot
I have been in the lounges a couple of times in the past month and they have been as overcrowded as always.
Old Oct 28, 2015, 3:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Originally Posted by moe8555
What's the current situation with these lounges? Have they ultimately become less crowded since the mass cancellation of free access via credit card?

And generally speaking, are they less crowded now that we've entered the off-peak season?
Haven't seen a difference. I've also seen many people entering with Israeli credit cards, meaning either many people don't care to pay, the credit card companies did a poor job letting card holders know about the new policy, or these cards are higher cards that still include free access (implying that the free credit cards with access weren't the culprits, which is as I suspect)
Old Oct 28, 2015, 3:12 am

Programs: Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, AA Platinum Pro
Originally Posted by joshwex90
Haven't seen a difference. I've also seen many people entering with Israeli credit cards, meaning either many people don't care to pay, the credit card companies did a poor job letting card holders know about the new policy, or these cards are higher cards that still include free access (implying that the free credit cards with access weren't the culprits, which is as I suspect)
That's what I also suspect. A few cards still offer free access for 2,000 NIS spend a month. That's an amount that most people would easily reach. That's how I maintain my free access for the time being.
Old Oct 28, 2015, 3:49 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Originally Posted by riman
It is the same for years, not only in the "+"
The variety is quite large.
And if you know what to ask, you just get it.
What is the "+" ? I have been in both Dan lounges many times and never noticed a difference between them.
Old Oct 28, 2015, 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by Dovster
What is the "+" ? I have been in both Dan lounges many times and never noticed a difference between them.
Dan+ is located next to the Synagogue. It was opened for BA pax although there have been reports of entrance via other means as well. It is not significantly nicer inside but it is often less crowded albeit it is a smaller space.
Old Oct 28, 2015, 5:06 pm

Dan+ is located next to the Synagogue. It was opened for BA pax although there have been reports of entrance via other means as well. It is not significantly nicer inside but it is often less crowded albeit it is a smaller space.
Actually it's closed at the moment for 'refurbishment'
Old Oct 29, 2015, 1:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Originally Posted by 2035
Again? I was there in September
Old Oct 29, 2015, 1:45 am

Originally Posted by 2035

Too bad they never "refurbish" the soft product in these lounges...
(soft product = food/drink in this case not the staff just to be clear)
Old Oct 29, 2015, 1:56 am

Originally Posted by joshwex90
Again? I was there in September
When I flew on Monday afternoon it was closed.
Old Oct 29, 2015, 5:01 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Dan+ is located next to the Synagogue.
No wonder I never saw it!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.