Wiki Posts
Search

Mobile BP at TLV

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2015, 2:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver
Mobile BP at TLV

Does anyone know if and when mobile BP will be available for TLV departures? Does El Al offer that feature?
Old Sep 20, 2015, 2:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Probably never because high-tech in Israel is for export only, not domestic use
Old Sep 21, 2015, 2:44 am
Suspended

Programs: Silver:BA,VX,AB, QF. Gold:A3,RJ,AZ,GF, EY,SPG,Marriott,Choice, Carlson. Dia/Plat:HH,IHG,BW,Accor
Originally Posted by joshwex90
LOL
Old Sep 21, 2015, 3:28 am
Original Poster

I thought it relates to security, but then what doesn't in this country
Old Sep 21, 2015, 4:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ophir_mm
I thought it relates to security, but then what doesn't in this country
Can't see how as security only checks the BP before entering the security checkpoint, and even that, they generally just look at the date.

Your "security barcode" is on your passport, not BP
Old Sep 21, 2015, 7:40 am

Programs: SPG Gold
Security screeners can't put a sticker on your mobile phone after you answer the questions, so you can't use a mobile boarding pass.
Old Sep 21, 2015, 7:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nombody
Security screeners can't put a sticker on your mobile phone after you answer the questions, so you can't use a mobile boarding pass.
So? They never put a sticker on your boarding pass. They give you a sticker after questioning you which comes BEFORE checking-in. Many people don't have (or don't show) their boarding pass then.

And you don't get other stickers after...

Since the only real travel there is international, everyone has a passport, and they're just fine putting whatever stickers they want on your passport.

As it is, many other countries do need to mark up BPs, yet mobile pass works just fine there.
Old Nov 1, 2016, 3:54 pm
Original Poster

I hope this is true

Old Nov 1, 2016, 11:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

הצ'ק-אין הסלולרי מגיע לנתב"ג.
Finally

יחל בנמל התעופה בן גוריון פיילוט חדש
Why a pilot? Is this concept so difficult?

, במסגרתו יוכלו נוסעים לבצע רישום עצמאי לטיסתם באמצעות הסמארטפון האישי ולהוריד בעצמם קוד נסרק למעבר בשער העלייה למטוס.
I really hope they do it properly, meaning that you can use your own airline's app for mobile boarding pass and don't come up with some "revolutionary system" that requires downloading a special "TLV Mobile Boarding" app and require check-in through there (that will magically only work with "select airlines")

לפי התכנית הניסיונית החדשה, נוסעים אשר יבצעו את הרישום לטיסה בעצמם ויגיעו לנתב"ג עם ברקוד מאושר, יוכלו לעבור במחסומים דיגיטליים חדשים (ספיד גייט) בדרכם לשרוול המטוס ויוכלו להציגו בעת הקניות בדיוטי פרי.
First off, every single article that relates to TLV has to mention "duty free." I would venture that many people (internationally) who use mobile boarding pass are NOT rushing to duty free. Second, this seems to indicate not just mobile boarding pass but also automated boarding?

יצויין, כי מדובר מהלך חדשני בישראל
At least they recognize it's only revolutionary in Israel but not actually "revolutionary" as many of these IAA (or LY) press releases tend to indicate

הסיבות בגינן הוא לא הושק בישראל עד כה היו מערך טכנולוגי חסר של רש"ת וכמובן, שיקולי ביטחון.
What technology would have been missing preventing an earlier implementation? As for the security argument, I guess it depends on how much they're going to implement this, but up until now, they could have had mobile BP with no security issue, no different than allowing people to check in at home and print their boarding pass and come straight to HBO security
Old Nov 2, 2016, 1:57 am

First off, every single article that relates to TLV has to mention "duty free." I would venture that many people (internationally) who use mobile boarding pass are NOT rushing to duty free. Second, this seems to indicate not just mobile boarding pass but also automated boarding?
I fly into Israel about 2-3 times a year, so while I can't really compare the Duty Free prices to local prices, some of the electronics are much cheaper than in Europe, especially the small things like battery packs, cables, etc.
I once walked into the big shop with all the Alcohol/Perfumes etc. and wanted to buy some chocolates to bring to the office but the queue was so horrendous that I gave up, so it seems like a lot of PAX are rushing to the duty free...

What technology would have been missing preventing an earlier implementation? As for the security argument, I guess it depends on how much they're going to implement this, but up until now, they could have had mobile BP with no security issue, no different than allowing people to check in at home and print their boarding pass and come straight to HBO security
I guess they might need new barcode scanners that can read the mobile BPs? or whatever runs in the background and processes them?
Old Nov 2, 2016, 10:46 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, EK Gold, CX Silver
I am pretty sure that I have boarded UA at TLV using just a mobile boarding pass - at the gate they had to type in my seat # manually, but they didn't question it.
Old Nov 2, 2016, 11:14 am
Original Poster

I don't know, every time I tried issuing a mobile BP for various airlines departing from TLV it says that it's impossible but I haven't tried it with UA for a long time now.
Old Nov 14, 2016, 3:03 am
Original Poster

I was able to generate a mobile BP for a flight with AZ tomorrow (this wasn't possible in the past, the system would always refuse to do that on every airline I tried).

Does this mean mobile BP can be used now in TLV???
Old Jan 18, 2017, 4:22 am

I just used a mobile BP in TLV for a KL flight, it worked fine for the security (both for the initial screening and to show to the queue dragon to enter fast-track), then in the lounge you need to e-mail them a screenshot, and finally at the gate it did recognize it and sent me to the counter because I was OpUp'd (even though the app already showed the correct seat and class!) so I got a new paper BP

The BP showed on both KL and AF apps.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 4:44 am
Original Poster

This morning someone on IB flight was able to use it at the gate; it did take some efforts from the agent. On another note the "fast track" security was jammed and the line there was endless. I went to "regular" security and it went like a breeze....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.