Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > EL AL | Matmid
Reload this Page >

Why Does LY Require us to Change Password so Often?! LIAT!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Why Does LY Require us to Change Password so Often?! LIAT!!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2015, 1:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Originally Posted by Indelaware
I knew an organization that required its employees to create passwords that contained two upper case letters, two lower case letters, two digits, and a punctuation mark. It was further required that no letter be followed by one or more letters such that a word in English was spelled. On top of all that, employees were required to change their passwords each month. This entire practice was thrown out the window by senior management when the audit department went around one night and found that a very large majority of employees kept their passwords written down in their desks - sometimes attached to the desk, computer, monitor, or wall.

Often times it is paranoia that is the greatest risk to security.
Preach!
Old Aug 7, 2015, 5:41 am
Suspended

Programs: Silver:BA,VX,AB, QF. Gold:A3,RJ,AZ,GF, EY,SPG,Marriott,Choice, Carlson. Dia/Plat:HH,IHG,BW,Accor
By me, Club Carlson is the worst - I've set it so many times due to forgetting it - this is what they require:

be at least 8 characters and no more than 20
contain one number from [0 - 9]
contain one lowercase letter [a - z]
contain one uppercase letter [A - Z]
contain one of these special symbols: ! @ # $ % & * ( ) + ?
cannot be the same as one of your previous 5 passwords
Old Aug 7, 2015, 9:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by benberg2013
By me, Club Carlson is the worst
Indeed! I had to reset mine a couple of weeks ago, then forgot it a few days later and had to re do it.
Not even sure I've made a note of it this time and there is no way I would remember all that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.