Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > EL AL | Matmid
Reload this Page >

Inheriting status benefits on award reservations

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2015, 9:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, TK Elite, LY Top-Platinum, HGP Diamond, HH Diamond, IHGR Platinum Amb

A friend, who holds Platinum status with LY, gave me a one-way business class award ticket from TLV to BKK. At time of booking, many months before the flight, I was assigned a seat in the first row of the cabin on the upper deck of the 744 operating the flight. I'm not experienced with LY, but I assume this row is reserved for elites and I got the seat because of his status. Keep in mind he was not booked with me on this ticket.

A few months later I had to change the departure date, and again I benefited from his status (10$ change fee instead of 60$ I believe) as the points were taken from his account.

Is this the policy of LY? Has is always been this way?

What about an award ticket with UP? If a Platinum member issue the ticket from his account, for a non-status member traveling alone, does it mean the passenger would enjoy all Platinum benefits with the ticket (mainly a PE seat)?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.