Search

El Al UP: 2 Carry Ons?

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2015, 1:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: LY Matmid/AA Advantage
El Al UP: 2 Carry Ons?

Hi Guys,

I'm wondering - what would El Al do if I showed up with 2 carry-on bags? (laptop backpack + carry-on suitcase). No checked baggage.

Would they make me check (and charge me for) the carry-on suitcase, or would they just look the other way?

This would be for TLV -> PRG -> TLV.
Old May 26, 2015, 12:26 am

3 things:
1-ask you to place your backpack into your carry on
2-tell you you can only have 1 bag and that the other will need to be checked in (but seeing that you have no luggage i dont see this happening at the gate)
3-do nothing
Old May 26, 2015, 7:10 am
Original Poster

Hi Simba,

Thanks for the reply -

1. Yes - but this wouldn't be really practical - since both would be fairly full .

2. I agree - but - I wouldn't want to check that bag anyways (worse comes to worse - I'd pay the fee for it if they let me keep it as hand luggage).

3. This is probably what would happen - but - given that this an LCC flight - I'm not sure just how nickel and diming they're going to be (I usually fly El Al Corporate - i.e. the flagship brand, not UP).

Originally Posted by simba8
3 things:
1-ask you to place your backpack into your carry on
2-tell you you can only have 1 bag and that the other will need to be checked in (but seeing that you have no luggage i dont see this happening at the gate)
3-do nothing
Old Jun 4, 2015, 6:12 am
Original Poster

Just to wrap this up - they actually checked my bag in @ TLV for free (was a full up flight) - they volunteered.

At PRG - it took a bit of haggling - but, they waived the baggage charge there too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.