Wiki Posts
Search

New F and C on the 777

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2015, 12:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: PL LY, PL CO , Gold HH
New F and C on the 777

I will fly to London on a 777 in F and there is only one row.
any info about it?

Lior
Old Apr 14, 2015, 1:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
When they made the C seats go lie flat recently, they removed the second row of F, and now it's back to one (I say back as that is how F was originally).
Old Apr 14, 2015, 2:32 pm

Programs: UA Premier Platinum, Hyatt Plat
It's sort of a misnomer to describe these as "new" seats given that EL AL simply retrofitted the existing seats.
Old Apr 16, 2015, 2:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: PL LY, PL CO , Gold HH
I will upload some pictures next week after the flight

LiorM
Old Apr 26, 2015, 5:45 am

Originally Posted by LiorM
I will upload some pictures next week after the flight

LiorM
How did your flights go Lior? Interested in your impressions. I wish LY would actually upgrade their product as they have so few planes you would think they could find a proud investor like Sheldon Adelson to actually install a premium seating product...
Old Apr 27, 2015, 10:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
We flew the 777 CDG-TLV yesterday, the "new seats", don't go lie flat. Not really close to it, they're angled and not long enough ,despite the additional pitch.

On a positive note, the crew was great and the new wine list is fantastic. They're serving Petit Castel which is quite good, and the Carmel Shaal dessert Gewurztraminer which is great as well.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 4:15 pm

Programs: EL AL Matmid, BA Executive Club GfL, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by entropy
On a positive note, the crew was great and the new wine list is fantastic. They're serving Petit Castel which is quite good, and the Carmel Shaal dessert Gewurztraminer which is great as well.
Problem with the Petit Castel is that they always release it about 2 years before its ready to drink. I'm sure EL AL don't cellar it for 2 years before serving (like I do ...).

I actually had an EL AL reservation for May to London ... until they changed the plane on the return (overnight) flight from a 777 to a 763. I was supposed to be in First. Considering that the 763 seats are not even remotely flat, I switched to British Airways.
Old Jun 24, 2015, 8:40 am

Had to fly LY, fortunate to be in First but the product is such a joke. How can LY continue to offer what is now more like a 15 year old product in comparison to any (and I really do mean ANY) other carrier's first class product?

I cant even think of any major airlines current long haul business class that would be out shown by LY's First class product.

Sad. I am surprised none of the EL Al management, political, or Rabbincal echelons have First class revamped for themselves
Old Jun 25, 2015, 1:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by Zalmistinks
Had to fly LY, fortunate to be in First but the product is such a joke.
Yep, we know...
Old Jul 12, 2015, 3:40 am

Programs: EL AL Matmid, BA Executive Club GfL, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
We flew LHR-TLV in First last week. It seems that with the lie flat seats in business class there is more room in business class than in First! No kidding! I am sure that the business class seats in the 777 have a couple of inches more pitch than the First Class seats. Either way, the seats in business and in First are the same as before but the business class ones now lie flat. Same problems as before - I find I can never get them to a comfortable position for sitting, as all the controls are interrelated. Lift the footrest, and something else moves as well ... all controls are disabled when the tray table is down ... oh dear. Haim Romano was a really great guy. As the CEO of EL AL he spent a fortune on an EL AL event in the Ganei Hata'arucha in Tel Aviv a few years ago. The idea was to show the most frequent flyers a selection of possible new seats for economy and business class and let them vote on them. He then went on to ignore the seats which were voted as best by the passengers and chose something else ...

The other comment I would make is that the First cabin now feels very claustrophobic - definitely less room than before they expanded it to 12 seats a few years ago. Quite pathetic really. On the TLV-LHR leg a few days before we were in business class and the cabin felt very airy and open.

Crew were great. Wine choice (as always over the last few years) was not bad, but not exciting in any way. We took the Petit Castel and gave it a really good decanting first. It ended up pretty good and the two of us managed to finish off the bottle over a slow meal (our choice not to be hurried - I'm sure the crew would have preferred to finish quickly).

Last edited by mikebg; Jul 12, 2015 at 3:47 am
Old Aug 7, 2015, 7:27 pm

Programs: EL AL Gold, BA Gold, LH M&M
Originally Posted by mikebg
Haim Romano was a really great guy. As the CEO of EL AL he spent a fortune on an EL AL event in the Ganei Hata'arucha in Tel Aviv a few years ago. The idea was to show the most frequent flyers a selection of possible new seats for economy and business class and let them vote on them. He then went on to ignore the seats which were voted as best by the passengers and chose something else ...
I remember that event, they ended up picking the same seat for Business and First , just the First seat is a bit wider. It the 6 across version of the seat that IB use to have for their Business Class Plus.
Old Mar 2, 2016, 11:00 pm

Returning to this thread with a question. Have all 777's been changed to the new configuration with only 6 seats in F and the updated "flat" seat in Business? On the new configuration does row 10 now have decent legroom to stretch out fully?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.