Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > EL AL | Matmid
Reload this Page >

Direct flights between TLV and "one of the Gulf states"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2014, 10:32 pm
Original Poster

According to today's HaAretz (Hebrew),
http://www.haaretz.co.il/news/politi...mium-1.2501720
"a low-key civil aviation aircraft has been parked inconspicuously at Ben Gurion airport recently." The article claims that the aircraft "has been at the center of what looks like a regular flight path between Ben Gurion and an international airport at one of the Persian Gulf countries". This is based on analysis of "open internet data". "The aircraft is owned by a small airline registered in a foreign country. This airline leases aircraft to private business people, but also operates flights on behalf of Lufthansa, SAS, and other airlines". The aircraft is configured as business class only, "with eight seats around two tables at the front".

So now to guesswork. Is the airline PrivatAir? Anyone saw this aircraft at TLV? What's the Gulf country? Any radar24 data?

Shuly
Old Dec 2, 2014, 6:09 am

Programs: SPG Gold
I believe I saw a Privatair flight showing up on the Ben Gurion Airport arrivals listing as originating in Amman, but when I had checked on Privatair's website they showed no such flight on their regularly scheduled flights. So I believe you are right about it being Privatair.
Old Dec 3, 2014, 8:02 pm

Programs: UA, A3, TK, Marriott, IHG, Hertz
probably Dubai
Old Dec 5, 2014, 1:46 am

Programs: LY, BT
The answer to the riddle:
(WARNING: This post comes with a huge load of BS from Richard Silverstein, more than half of what he posts on his blog are stories he probably makes up when he gets high. However, it seems to be true in connection with the Haaretz article)

http://www.richardsilverstein.com/20...arab-emirates/
Old Dec 5, 2014, 6:14 am

Programs: SPG Gold
Ridiculous story. The more likely one is this which I also noticed about Privatair:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/21569911-post4.html

Their flights show up on arrivals at TLV as coming from Amman but there is no record of those flights originating in Amman.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.