Wiki Posts
Search

Will LY quit LTN?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2014, 8:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K; LY Gold; DL Gold; BA Bronze
Question Will LY quit LTN?

The first 3 weeks of W15 are loaded in LY.COM, but no flights to LTN are loaded (LHR flights are loaded just fine)...
So - let the speculations begin. Does it mean that LY will stop flying to LTN or will make it seasonal? This winter they are operating 3 weekly 737... However with the additional BA flights LY may have decided that they don't need these LTN flights in the winter...
If so - it's a shame - I don't like LTN but it still allowed to return on Friday morning.

Last edited by gordo6; Nov 14, 2014 at 8:25 am
Old Nov 14, 2014, 11:17 am

Programs: British Airways Gold
Maybe transferring the route to UP?
Old Nov 14, 2014, 11:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K; LY Gold; DL Gold; BA Bronze
Originally Posted by ajeleonard
Maybe transferring the route to UP?
Although it makes sense, I would hope that it doesn't happen, as it'll anyway destroy the changes to return from London on Fridays on an LY ticket.
Old Nov 15, 2014, 11:27 am

Programs: *A
UP would be plain confusing. While business people may prefer LHR, LTN does have it's benefits, amd many people use both on the same ticket. LY giving up LTN doesn't make sense if they want to compete on the route, plus they need the option for the chaggim. Perhaps LY are in negotiations, by threatening to go back to STN.
Old Nov 15, 2014, 11:55 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Avis Chairman, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, GA Pilot
I'd much prefer STN or LGW to LTN and also would prefer UP fares to the LY crazy fares, so let's hope that this is what's happening.
Old Nov 15, 2014, 12:34 pm

Programs: EL AL Matmid, BA Executive Club GfL, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
This is usual in the winter season. Flights to Luton seem to be only once a week or so. They never announce it, but when the summer comes they announce with great fanfare that "we have added 500 more weekly flights to Luton ..."

I think a change to UP is unlikely, as the business class is usually quite full going to Luton (I don't know about the return as I always return from LHR). The early morning flights are very convenient for business travellers.

In addition, I would not attach much importance to flights loaded onto the system more than 11 months ahead.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.