Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ben Gurion on strike tomorrow!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2014, 9:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: *A Gold, BA Silver, Avis President, Hertz President circle
Exclamation Ben Gurion on strike tomorrow!

Just received a message (unverified scource) that the airport is on strike tomorrow between 11.00-14.00, affecting 70 flights.
Strike is to show support for striking postal workers.

Anybody know anything more?

Actually it has been quite a long time since the last strike, it used be nearlly a monthly occurance.
Old Sep 17, 2014, 10:56 am

Programs: LY, BT
I can confirm this. Still sparse on the details.
Old Sep 17, 2014, 12:59 pm

Programs: UA Premier Platinum, Hyatt Plat
Anyone know the reason(s) they are going on strike again this time?
Old Sep 17, 2014, 1:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Confirmed in the news as well: Tomorrow: 3 Hour Strike in TLV - Mako (Channel 2 News) (Hebrew)

Originally Posted by Mako
ועד עובדי רשות שדות התעופה יקיים מחר שביתת הזדהות עם עובדי הדואר השובתים. במסגרת ההשבתה שתימשך שלוש שעות לא יתאפשרו המראות מטוסים ונוסעים שינחתו בנמל לא יקבלו מזוודות. גורמים ברשות על ההתראה הקצרה: זה יעודד את כל הצדדים למצוא פתרון לעובדי הדואר
Translation:
Originally Posted by Mako
The Airport Workers' Committee will have a 3 hour strike tomorrow in solidarity with the postal workers who are striking. During the course of the 3 hour strike, there will be no takeoffs or landings, and anyone who lands will not get their luggage. Officials in the Authority warned: |This will force all sides to reach a solution regarding postal workers."
To sum up my feelings: Disgusting
Old Sep 17, 2014, 1:09 pm

Programs: UA Premier Platinum, Hyatt Plat
This strike is totally unnecessary especially since the strikers are taking their action on behalf of workers that are unrelated to the airport. One would think that after the summer tourist season was decimated by the conflict and with a high travel period upon us things should go smoothly to put a good face forward. It's simply amazing how these union leaders fail to act for the greater good and opt to take unnecessary punative measures on pax.
Old Sep 17, 2014, 1:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Welcome to Israel!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.