Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > EL AL | Matmid
Reload this Page >

Travel Adviser says: Mission Accomplished

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2014, 9:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA

The Travel Adviser: For El Al, mission accomplished - Jerusalem Post

Basically says that all is good for LY and that it's nice to claim they raised their fares in response to Protective Edge
Old Aug 27, 2014, 2:50 pm

Programs: UA Premier Platinum, Hyatt Plat
I do not agree with the notion that the recent conflict in Gaza and the 2 day FAA ban on flights to/from Israel will somehow translate into an opening for EL AL to acquire a long or even medium term market benefit against its foreign based competition. For starters, flying is a commodity and as such people look for the lowest price. Would the vast majority of pax pay extra in the long run to fly EL AL out of a sense of nationalism and because EL AL kept flying to/from Israel during the short 2 day FAA ban? I think not.

The fact remains that pax consider other factors such as price, service, hard/soft products, frequent flyer program benefits, route network, and schedules above nationalistic and patriotic considerations when choosing a carrier. These are all things that EL AL severely lacks behind the competition except, perhaps, the soft product.

Consequently, EL AL can no longer rely on nationalistic and religious sentiment to maintain profitability or market dominance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.