Wiki Posts
Search

Ryanair Israel

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2015, 9:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Originally Posted by NYTA
The one thing I hope they do, as compared to Easyjet, is flights leaving TLV in the morning and returning in the evening. I'd fly them a lot more in that case.
Their plan is to establish a base in Israel, according to their original claims. So would hopefully be a number of decent flight times.
Old Apr 19, 2015, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NYTA
140 return to Europe is quite cheap trom TLV. Especially to STN.
Cheap compared to current options. But when considering they post fares such as 9.99, 140 is a lot when you then plan on charging for every single extra.

It's not expensive per se - just higher than I had expected for the ULCC par excellence to have claimed as an introductory offer.
Old Apr 19, 2015, 10:02 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Avis Chairman, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, GA Pilot
I think 140 is probably an average price. The route I have flown them on most - CGN-STN has varied dramatically based on time of year and day of the week from 25-100ish Euros and that's only a 1 hour flight. I will say I'm excited about the prospect of flights to STN since as much as I like Easyjet, I hate Luton.

Anyone care to speculate which routes will be first? I'm hoping for STN, CGN and BGY to start.
Old Apr 19, 2015, 10:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K; LY Gold; DL Gold; BA Bronze
First route - LCA: http://travel.walla.co.il/item/2847430
Although PFO seems more likely, given they do not fly to LCA.
Old Apr 20, 2015, 12:21 am

140 GBP is an excellent price to UK, when you remember that 71 GBP is pure APD duty which Ryanair will past to UK authorities. All other Ryanair routes (I think) are in 13 GBP band.
The equivalent to another destination with similar distance (eg Paris) would be 70 GBP, which is much cheaper than Easyjet.
Old Apr 20, 2015, 3:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 2035
140 GBP is an excellent price to UK, when you remember that 71 GBP is pure APD duty which Ryanair will past to UK authorities. All other Ryanair routes (I think) are in 13 GBP band.
The equivalent to another destination with similar distance (eg Paris) would be 70 GBP, which is much cheaper than Easyjet.
If GBP 71 goes to the UK, then how do they offer fares such as GBP 9?
Old Apr 20, 2015, 3:30 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Avis Chairman, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, GA Pilot
Depends on the distance of the flight - the longer the distance, the higher the ABP. Also, it's only for flights from the UK not to.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.