Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > EL AL | Matmid
Reload this Page >

best website for booking multi city LY trip?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2012, 1:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, AA PLT PRO, AGR, Strawberry (Nordic Choice), Marriott Bonvoy

I'm trying to book the following flights on El Al:

JFK-LHR -- AA104 as LY codeshare (not sure of flight number)
LHR-TLV -- LY316
TLV-JFK -- LY1

I can bring up the El Al NYC-TLV-NYC fare with a less than 24hr connection through London for the same O-class price as if I were choosing nonstop flights JFK-TLV-JFK both ways.

AA won't sell the ticket with the nonstop LHR-TLV on El Al. El Al's own website doesn't seem to have a multi city option. And Expedia prices this much higher than the El Al O-class fare I found.

So which is the best website or travel agent to buy this at?

Many thanks.
Old Jan 29, 2012, 2:28 pm

Programs: LY Top Platinum, AA Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
Unfortunately, I think your only option is to use a travel agent.
El Al is very peculiar among airlines in that while everybody else makes it really easy to price, reserve and buy just about anything an agent can do, El Al - though they supposedly want us to buy their tickets online and squeeze the agents - doesn't allow for any non-standard options while booking online.

Typical. Kind of like their website. And antiquated phone system. And pathetic IFE (where even the three planes that actually have VOD don't get content updates more than twice a year). Lets just say that although she is the flag carrier of nation that is a tech powerhouse, technology is not exactly El Al's strong point.
Old Jan 29, 2012, 9:02 pm
Original Poster

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

Thanks for the advice. Any particular recommendations for TAs who work with LY in NYC? Could I reserve seats before checkin even if not a matmid member?
Old Jan 29, 2012, 9:40 pm

Programs: BA Gold, LY Silver
Originally Posted by salut0
Could I reserve seats before checkin even if not a matmid member?
Yes you can
Old Jan 30, 2012, 3:53 am

Programs: SPG Gold
The funny thing is, I booked an itinerary very similar to that using American AAdvantage miles. So in theory American Airlines reservations can do it for you over the phone, if not on their website.
Old Jan 30, 2012, 4:59 am

The travel agents in NYC that are most familiar with El Al are those in an Orthodox neighborhood. Pick up a copy of the Jewish Week or Jewish Press and see who advertises. Make a few calls and see who seems the easiest to work with.
Old Jan 30, 2012, 8:25 am

Programs: BA Gold, LY Silver
Originally Posted by awayIgo
The travel agents in NYC that are most familiar with El Al are those in an Orthodox neighborhood. Pick up a copy of the Jewish Week or Jewish Press and see who advertises. Make a few calls and see who seems the easiest to work with.
And what about me?
Old Jan 30, 2012, 9:49 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the advice, everyone.

Last edited by salut0; Jan 30, 2012 at 11:34 am Reason: extra question reposted in own thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.