Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Beware - Dollar @ Toronto Airport

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2012, 8:36 am
Original Poster

Thumbs down Beware - Dollar @ Toronto Airport

Beware of additional fees from this rental location.

This location charged me a $12 "admin" fee on top of a $5 toll, plus taxes on the total. No advance warning. Over $19 for a $5 toll!

Also charged me $60 for a 1/4 tank of gas when I couldn't open the tank cover to refuel. Not to mention the attendants at the return line were incredible nasty and rude when I protested the charge.

Last Dollar/Thrifty rental for me!
Old Oct 2, 2012, 2:44 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by flyertalkAL

This location charged me a $12 "admin" fee on top of a $5 toll, plus taxes on the total. No advance warning. Over $19 for a $5 toll!

Also charged me $60 for a 1/4 tank of gas when I couldn't open the tank cover to refuel. Not to mention the attendants at the return line were incredible nasty and rude when I protested the charge.

I can't really speak to the second part of your complaint, though I am curious as to what kind of car it was. As to the first, I'm not surprised. That's standard practice in the industry (and I'm sure relevant language can be found speaking to that in your contract). Also, the Admin Fee may actually be assessed not by Dollar but by the Toll Authority.
Old Oct 2, 2012, 3:22 pm

Programs: UA 2P, UC, Hertz 5*, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by flyertalkAL

I would have spoken to the manager, not the return people. Although it seems otherwise, the return people have no control over what charges are assessed, they only input the fuel level and mileage and the computer does the rest. Although the return people shouldn't have been rude I'm wondering how you conveyed the message. With the gas cap I would have asked somebody (who works at Dollar) to try to open it so the liability would be on them if something happened, then I would have just filled it up to avoid any unnecessary charges.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.