Wiki Posts
Search

ALS Travel Advice

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2016, 12:26 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by Grendel666
I am planning a trip and getting tickets to Costa Rica to go with my best friend, who was definitely diagnosed with Bulbar ALS about a month ago. She may or may not be able to make the trip about 4 months from now, when I can go. My question: if I buy travel insurance and she can't go, which her doctor can officially confirm, will the insurance company honor the claim or will they say, oh you knew you had this condition so that doesn't count according to the vague terms of our contact, which basically give us leeway to deny most all claims unless you've literally broken your neck in an auto accident and where is your evidence that it was an "accident"? (Sorry, I'm already anticipating their disposition). Thanks very much if anybody knows!!!
Check www.InsureMyTrip.com and read the 20-30 travel insurance policies you'll be offered. Several will probably waive pre-existing conditions if you purchase the insurance within a specified days of making your trip deposit or payment. I've used these folks quite reliably over the years, and have made claims the companies have paid off on twice over the years. I've not tried www.squaremouth.com, but believe they're similar.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.