Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Disability Travel
Reload this Page >

Tip-Tip-Tip Your pusher and porter aka. skycap

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2015, 4:48 am
Original Poster

The people pushing you in the airport get paid well below minimum wage. Wake up travelers 5$ is bare minimum. If you honestly cant afford anything at the very least dont be so rude and hop on your phone and turn your back and or walk away. What goes around comes around.

Last edited by wpbskycap; Apr 19, 2015 at 4:54 am Reason: typo
Old Apr 19, 2015, 5:00 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
I dispute your contention that the job is paid at less than minimum wage.

I also dispute that handicapped folks who may not be able to work should be required to tip for services already paid for by the airport/airlines.
Old Apr 19, 2015, 8:08 pm

Programs: United MP
Are we going to argue this again? OP should search this forum and find a long thread on the topic, which argues it from every side.

Let's see if think link works: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/searc...&query=tipping

Here's the specific thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/disab...etiquette.html
Old Apr 19, 2015, 8:13 pm

Programs: United MP
Originally Posted by wpbskycap
The people pushing you in the airport get paid well below minimum wage. Wake up travelers 5$ is bare minimum. If you honestly cant afford anything at the very least dont be so rude and hop on your phone and turn your back and or walk away. What goes around comes around.
I won't be walking away. I'll roll away.
Old Apr 19, 2015, 8:26 pm

Since, as DeafFlyer points out, we already have a thread on this topic, I'm closing this thread.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.