Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Disability Travel
Reload this Page >

Advice on Holidays for disabled and their carers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2015, 4:46 am
Original Poster

Hello,

My name is Tajinder Chaudhry. I have been working in the Travel and Tourism industry for more than 15 years.

I'm a carer to my grandmother who loves to travel has recently become wheelchair bound. Despite of my 15 Years experience and contacts in the travel and tourism industry, I have faced difficulties in making travel arrangements for her holidays. I found that the limited choices available in the market are quite expensive, and fail to meet all special needs requirements. And I wondered if other carers or special needs travellers may have faced similar challenges ?

Travelling for the purpose of relaxation and having a good time is as much a human right for a disabled person as it is for a non-disabled person. Using my 15 years experience and contacts in travel and tourism industry, I am developing specialized affordable holidays for people with special needs.

To put these packages together, I would like your help in understanding —
1. What methods you use to choose and search for your holidays? And which destinations would you like to travel to if all accessibility needs were met?
2. What are your or your companion’s essential requirements while on a holiday?

If you have already been, or thinking of going on a holiday, and can share your requirements, experiences and challenges to help me build appropriate holidays which meets real needs and solve actual problems, it will be appreciated.

You can reply on this forum or you may contact me directly via private message if you wish to help me out in this.

I would love to keep you all updated of my progress and development on this research.

Last edited by Katja; Mar 25, 2015 at 9:52 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.