Wiki Posts
Search

Accessible Taxi from JFK

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2014, 8:06 am
Original Poster

Accessible Taxi from JFK

Hi All
I am arriving at JFK next week and i am looking for a wheelchair accessible transportation from JFK to Midtown Manhattan.
I read that the relatively new "Accessible Dispatch" service is now available at JFK and LGA.
I inquire and they told me that i should approach the Port Authority Desk and ask for the Accessible taxi and they would provide one almost immediately.

Just wondering if anyone here had any experience with this service from the airport??

I also looked at same Car/Limo Services. Carmel has a reasonable price but reviews are not very good. The rest of car services are way too expensive (200 USD for 2 persons). Any suggestions?

Thanks
Lucas
Old May 20, 2014, 11:43 am

Programs: United MP
I have no idea about how it is now in New York, but there definitely should be accessible taxis available now, and there shouldn't be a problem.
Old May 20, 2014, 8:44 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DeafFlyer
I have no idea about how it is now in New York, but there definitely should be accessible taxis available now, and there shouldn't be a problem.
Let`s hope so
Thanks
Old May 21, 2014, 8:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum, Delta Silver Medallion, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
Ask the taxi dispatcher for a wheelchair accessible taxi. They arrive within ten minutes or so. Once in Manhattan (and checked into your hotel), you will find it easy to walk around. Easiest mode of transportation is the bus system, which is fully wheelchair accessible.
Old Jun 9, 2014, 6:03 am
Original Poster

Hi
Also "checking-in" in this topic i started to confirm that what ysolde is the way to go in JFK.
When we arrived we went out to the Yellow Cab line (the official taxi) and when it was our turn we asked for an accessible taxi and within 5 minute we had one ready to go.
So donīt need to worry to book in advance if your idea is to go on an accessible taxi.

Saludos
Luc

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.