Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Disability Travel
Reload this Page >

Three part brace, what to expect?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Three part brace, what to expect?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2013, 5:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta PM, IC Ambassador, Marriott Gold
Question Three part brace, what to expect?

Tomorrow I'm going to fly for the first time where I can claim disability. I have a new ankle brace that I can take off, but I'd rather not. And this brace actually sits in my shoe. So what can I expect when I refuse to walk thru the nude-o-scope and also refuse to remove my shoes for medical reasons?
Old Aug 20, 2013, 6:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Opting out has nothing to do with the medical issue. You can either opt out or not as you choose.

I am confused by the rest of your post. You say that you can take the brace off but then say that you can't for medical reasons. Which is it?

Checkpoints have a portable "cast" (useful for braces too) scanner which the Officer will then use during your secondary.

Not a big deal. May take a couple of extra minutes, but however many people travel with ankle braces every day.
Old Aug 20, 2013, 7:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta PM, IC Ambassador, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Often1
I am confused by the rest of your post. You say that you can take the brace off but then say that you can't for medical reasons. Which is it?
Actually I said I could take it off, but I'd rather not.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.