Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Disability Travel
Reload this Page >

anyone ever take hoyer lift on airplane travel?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2011, 5:38 pm
Original Poster

going international flight to South Korea, and want to know anyone ever carry Hoyer lift, when she is in Korea I(care giver) can't moveher physically always she is quarapledgic, I really love need to take Hoyer lift and I was wondering any one ever take Hoyer lift on flight travel,,, Please let tme know if any one ever or have any idea how we can take hoyer lift.
Thank you, looking forward get some ideas,,,
Thank you!!!
Old Oct 18, 2011, 5:45 pm

Do you want to use the Hoyer on the plane, or merely take it with you as luggage for use at your destination? If the latter, it goes free as medical equipment.
Old Oct 20, 2011, 7:11 am

Programs: United MP
Do they have Hoyer lifts that are small enough to carry on? I had always assumed that if needed that I would need to rent or borrow on at my destination.
Old Oct 20, 2011, 9:03 am

According to folks on the CareCure forums:

For compact use, and also use for travel, I recommend either the Hoyer Advance or the Molift Smart. The LikoLight is also an option. The Italian Borringia Flex-Lift is great if you can get your hands on one.
If you are not picky about the model or company that makes the lift (Hoyer is of course a brand...one of many that makes lifts), it is very common to be able to rent a mobile floor lift (usually either an older Hoyer or an Invacare brand) from most local DME rental companies. You can Google "medical equipment rentals" for the city closest to you. You can usually pick up, or have them deliver for a fee.
Old Oct 20, 2011, 11:09 am

Programs: United MP
Thanks Katja! Very interesting.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 7:40 pm

Programs: N/A
HI! I'm hoping to find out some ways to ensure the safety of my hoyer lift while flying. This is my first time traveling with medical equipment other than my power chair. Thank you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.