What's your Super Bowl menu?

Subscribe
For a 5 person family get together: Carne Asada using flank steak on a bed of grilled onions, tomatos and bell peppers, lemon hummus with celery & carrots, a big pot of red beans, guacamole & salsa with tortilla chips and cream cheese brownies for dessert. In the glasses, a Bodega Norton Malbec or a Yeungling.

Mexican recipes courtesy of Rick Bayless's "Mexico One Plate at a Time".
Quote: For a 5 person family get together: Carne Asada using flank steak on a bed of grilled onions, tomatos and bell peppers, lemon hummus with celery & carrots, a big pot of red beans, guacamole & salsa with tortilla chips and cream cheese brownies for dessert. In the glasses, a Bodega Norton Malbec or a Yeungling.

Mexican recipes courtesy of Rick Bayless's "Mexico One Plate at a Time".
Today:
4# Boston Butt (pulled)
Grilled chicken

Others are bringing the rest as I host. Seven others, and no kids.
Won't mention the alcohol, but it here.
Nothing exciting here. For the 3 of us, homemade pizza.
Spicy shrimp corn chowder - made enough last night to last through the game.

@:-)
Mr P1 has been smoking and grilling a variety of meats for hours. Chip/dip, cheese tray, all the usual. But- at a friend's house.

Me? I stayed home. Have a 9" pile of papers to score. Down to 1 beer, out of diet coke for my rum..... weeping all over the papers in self-pity.

I do have a frozen pizza, though. And a promise of a yummy plate when he returns home.
To Start:

tortilla chips w/guacamole
leftover chilled steak thin sliced w/horseradish
smokehouse almonds
homemade salami, cheese and crackers

Later:

BBQ pork spareribs, homemade potato salad, baked beans

But we didn't watch the game. No TV here.
Quote: In the glasses, a Bodega Norton Malbec
Ahh, an excellent choice. My house version of a two-buck chuck. Actually $5.99 a bottle when I buy it by the case. ^

Our spread was guac chips n salsa. 3 bean chili, babyback ribs and an asian slaw.
Grits, slaw, 'taters, Freedom Fries, and a pound of lard.
Anyone trying out any new recipes this year? We are probably just doing appetizers and I'm still trying to decide what to make with my sausage stuffed mushrooms with terriyaki glaze (and back to Weight Watchers on Monday).
At this point I don't even know where I'll be or what I'll watch it on.

In my temporary quarters, I have 3 cookbooks and very little kitchen equipment. I justified buying a 4 qt crockpot based on the fact that I will be cooking for only 2 most nights now. So, I imagine it will play a role in SBS food prep. I'm thinking start with bruschetta, meatball subs with a homemade sauce, a fresh fruit salad and something from Baskin Robbins for dessert.
I was thinking meatball subs too. Do you cheat like me and buy your meatballs premade (usually Costco) or do you make them from scratch. I've just been debating whether I want to fight the crowds at Costco but finally decided if I want to supply the beer its cheaper to buy a case there then at the grocery store. Hopefully they have some Deschutes or Widmer beers in right now.
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (SymbianOS/9.2; U; Series60/3.1 NokiaE71-2/100.07.76; Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 ) AppleWebKit/413 (KHTML, like Gecko) Safari/413)

AA will be doing the catering, as I will be flying on the 7th. At some point, I'll grab a peek at a television, in order to keep alive my streak of having watched all 44 Super Bowls on TV.
Sushi, sake, beer, sashimi, sake, beer, sake, beer, sake is the menu this Sunday!!
Normally no food is served during the Super Bowl where I'm watching, but almost every snack off the grocery shelf is served with ample supplies of beer and other soft drinks.