Search

Eating in the DARK !!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2008, 3:17 am
Former user name: laundrian
Original Poster

Programs: Moderator: Traveling with Jewelry, UA GS, Starwood
Eating in the DARK !!

Eating in the dark or Dans le Noir, is something that I fall in love for the past few year.
This movement of dinning started out in Europe then slowly moved to the US. Currently, there is Opaque in SFO, LAX and SAN.

There are other copycats ( blind folded), in which I don't recommend.

The room in which you are dinning is completely dark. You could not see anything. You will have a chance to order before you enter the dining room, so you will know what you will be eating. OR you could leave that choice to the hostess and she will pick for you.

All the waiters and waitress are blind, and you will become blind, well at least for the duration of your dinner. By letting go your sight, all your senses will work harder and you will appreciate of what you have.

The food is also amazing.
Be adventurous and give it a try. I loved it so much, I always want to come back but the restaurant in SFO only open Thu - Sat . It's hard to get reservation also.

check it out

http://www.danslenoir.com/london/faq.php#toc_1
Old Dec 23, 2008, 4:50 am
iff

We discussed dark restaurants a little bit in this thread.

Dans le Noir has a restaurant in Paris but I haven't had the chance to go there yet. It would be an interesting experience, though.
Old Dec 23, 2008, 5:20 am
Original Poster

Oh I didn't know someone already posted this. My bad. Feel free to merged.

Dans le Noir in Paris is great....but for those in the US, google Opaque.

I had such a great time. It's hard to explain my feelings but it was great. You feel blessed for what you have. My friend told me that her experience from Dinning in the Dark was much better than any shows she has seen.

Our blind waiter was very cool and answered a lot of questions I had about being blind.
Old Dec 23, 2008, 9:14 am
Suspended

Programs: AA
Eating in the dark? Totally pitch black dark? What has this world come to?

I'm having a hard time thinking of a worse way to eat a meal. I suppose a bag of Taco Bell and McDonald's blended together (including the paper) would be worse.
Old Dec 23, 2008, 9:47 am
jfe
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Kicked out of all of them
Eating in the dark at my sister-in-law's may not be a bad idea, that way you are spared the sight of her horrible cooking.
Old Dec 23, 2008, 12:47 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Flo's Restaurant
Eating in the dark? Totally pitch black dark? What has this world come to?

I'm having a hard time thinking of a worse way to eat a meal. I suppose a bag of Taco Bell and McDonald's blended together (including the paper) would be worse.
The idea of this movement is to appreciate what you have and experience of being blind.

There are people who would put blindfold on them for a day (Charlotte in Sex and the City) to experience what it feels like to be blind. When you know and understand what blind people have to go through, you would appreciate what you have and understand other people better.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.