Wiki Posts
Search

Pressure cooker recipes?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2007, 11:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: CO Silver
Pressure cooker recipes?

I inherited my great-grandmother's pressure cooker and just got around to replacing the seal and valve today. Anybody know any good pressure cooker recipes? I found some for risotto and some bean soups that sound good.
Old Aug 4, 2007, 2:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My favorite is an Indonesian "Yellow Rice" I inherited from my maid. Cooked inside a normal rice cooker with some yellow powder, coconut milk, basil, etc. Yummy! ^
Old Aug 6, 2007, 8:15 am

Programs: WorldPerks Gold, Priority Club Platinum
Originally Posted by Rejuvenated
My favorite is an Indonesian "Yellow Rice" I inherited from my maid. Cooked inside a normal rice cooker with some yellow powder, coconut milk, basil, etc. Yummy! ^
???? That's not what the OP asked. Why give someone a rice cooker recipe when they asked for a pressure cooker recipe??

IAH, my grandmother used her pressure cooker for various bean dishes. Being Jamaican, the more frequent ones were rice and peas (aka rice and beans, beans and rice) or stewed peas. Both of these were made with kidney beans, although she sometimes used other types of dried beans for the rice dish. Rice and peas contained beans, coconut milk, pepper, thyme, and various spices. Just to clarify, the rice wasn't cooked under pressure, only the bean mixture. Unfotunately, I don't have any recipes.

Since a pressure cooker is pressurized, it cooks food at a higher temperature, therefore faster. That's why it's most commonly used for bean dishes. Tough cuts of meat for stews would also work well but make sure to add vegetables after the pressure cooking part is finished. Just make sure you know how to release the pressure properly or you could burn yourself pretty badly!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.