Reload this Page >

Hot Chocolate!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hot Chocolate!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2009, 3:58 am

Programs: IC Spire Amb, Hilton, Marriott, BA, VA.
In Paris again; try the Intercontinental Le Grand - they serve up a little jug of thick hot chocolate with a jug of hot cream/milk for you to make to your own taste. Superb.
Old Apr 9, 2009, 1:21 pm

Programs: UA 1P
Hot Chocolate in Venice that needs to be eaten with a spoon
Old Apr 13, 2009, 9:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
Though better known for its coffee, Tazza d'Oro by the Pantheon in Rome makes a mean hot chocolate. The stuff served at the FCO outlet(s) is a pale comparison.
Old Apr 14, 2009, 2:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
Cafe Tortoni in BsAs - although the churros didn't do anything for me.

I will try Angelinas next week. ^
Old Apr 15, 2009, 12:24 am

Programs: Delta, Amex Platinum, Priority Pass
Angelina on Rue Rivoli in Paris, although there are others in Paris that come close.
Old Apr 15, 2009, 12:28 am
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
Originally Posted by BamaVol
I will try Angelinas next week. ^
You will not be sorry
Old Apr 15, 2009, 2:05 am

Smile Burdick Chocolate

Originally Posted by MyXa
Burdick Chocolate, Harvard Square, Cambridge!!!
uhmm?? i agree!! Burdick is the world's finest gourmet handmade chocolate!! yummmy! I love their chocolates. .. I want some hahah..... lol
Old Apr 15, 2009, 3:17 pm

Programs: DL Plat, Marriott Gold
Seems like piling on, but another vote for Angelina in Paris.

In the interest of full disclosure, I should mention that our kids preferred the hot chocolate at Cacao et Chocolat. It was in December and our apartment was about a block away from the location on rue Saint-Louis en l'ile, so they had plenty of opportunities to warm up with it....
Old Apr 15, 2009, 3:41 pm

Programs: UA/HH/Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by l'etoile
I do enjoy the spicy hot chocolate at Marie Belle in New York. Another so thick you can cut it.
I'll second the Marie Belle recommendation. Some might feel ripped off by the size, but I like the fact that they serve in a small cup (demitasse size, IIRC)--a full cup of real hot chocolate can be a little overwhelming, even if you love chocolate as much as I do. And the little cafe in the back of the shop is usually pretty calm even when the rest of Soho is packed with tourists.
Old Apr 16, 2009, 4:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
Almost any café in Oaxaca.
Old Apr 25, 2009, 3:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Currently sitting at an internet cafe 2 blocks from Notre Dame because I failed to note an address for Angelinas. Hopefully there in 30 minutes or less. ^
Old Apr 27, 2009, 5:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Currently sitting at an internet cafe 2 blocks from Notre Dame because I failed to note an address for Angelinas. Hopefully there in 30 minutes or less. ^
OK, took me 45 minutes. I liked it but it was too rich and sweet. I could have had 1/4 cup and been satisfied. I got it to go. Next time I would go in and sit - looked like quite a place.
Old Apr 27, 2009, 8:06 am

Programs: CO Gold Elite, BA Blue, for the moment - Hyatt Gold Passport, Priority Club, Marriott etc etc
OK, took me 45 minutes. I liked it but it was too rich and sweet. I could have had 1/4 cup and been satisfied. I got it to go. Next time I would go in and sit - looked like quite a place.
It is rich; did you add the cream to it? I think that helps cut the sweetness. It could also be that you had it to go... the best way to drink it is at one of the salon du the small tables, sipping slowly, adding the cream. Mmmmm now I want some!
Old Apr 27, 2009, 12:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ElkeNorEast
It is rich; did you add the cream to it? I think that helps cut the sweetness. It could also be that you had it to go... the best way to drink it is at one of the salon du the small tables, sipping slowly, adding the cream. Mmmmm now I want some!
I didn't know about the cream. My visit was too short to sit with a cup. I had to keep moving. Next time, I'll be bringing Mrs BV and I'm sure she'll want to take in the ambiance.
Old May 3, 2009, 12:53 am

Programs: AA EP, OZ Diamond, WS Plat, Avis CHM, Hertz PC, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist
Though not "HOT", per se, I'm a big fan of the frozen "hot" chocolate at Serendipity in NYC. Mmmmmm... My fiancee and I truly enjoy it every time and it's worth the lineup.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.