Wiki Posts
Search

London restaurant recommendations pre/post theatre

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2005, 2:39 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

London restaurant recommendations pre/post theatre

Want to see a play in West End on a Saturday night....any good restaurant recommendations on a place to eat dinner before the show? Or do most eat after the show? Thanks.
Old Feb 15, 2005, 10:19 am

Originally Posted by sggolf
Want to see a play in West End on a Saturday night....any good restaurant recommendations on a place to eat dinner before the show? Or do most eat after the show? Thanks.
I think people eat before AND after. London theatre usually starts earlier than in NY. One of THE places to eat is The Ivy.. must book far in advance. You can check out www.london-eating.co.uk. The comments are usually pretty accurate.. or www.chowhound.com (International). Chinatown is very close to most theatres and Covent Garden has lots of good spots, too.
Old Feb 17, 2005, 5:22 pm

Ditto the Ivy, which takes orders until 11 p.m. Lord how I love the Dover sole!

Last edited by 0524; Feb 19, 2005 at 7:15 pm
Old Feb 17, 2005, 5:25 pm

The Ivy

It's the Ivy - really!
Old Feb 18, 2005, 4:02 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, Hilton Silver
Dover.
Old Feb 19, 2005, 2:56 am
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton*D, Marriott*LG, Hyatt*G
Le Cafe du Jardin in Wellington Street is quite quaint and the food is decent. You are a few minutes walk to the theatres the OP mentioned and they have very reasonably priced pre-theatre dinner options.

Banquette at the Savoy may be an option but I have not been yet and I haven't heard much about it either.

Le Deuxieme in Longacre is popular for pre/post theatre; and there is always Wagamama in Tavistock Street at Southampton.
Old Feb 19, 2005, 3:40 pm

Programs: CO Gold Elite, BA Blue, for the moment - Hyatt Gold Passport, Priority Club, Marriott etc etc
I like Porter's English Restaurant, good British fare and easy to get into, unlike Ivy. They have theatre packages too

http://www.porters.uk.com/
Old Feb 19, 2005, 6:17 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton*D, Marriott*LG, Hyatt*G
Axis and Indigo in the One Aldwych Hotel are good choices for pre- or post-theatre dining, and are quite reasonably priced.

Rules is nearby too in Maiden Lane.... as is the Savoy Grill....

Bank Aldwych, corner of the Aldwych and Kingsway, is perenially busy and appears quite popular with decent pricing. I have not gone yet but friends say the food is okay but does have a nice buzz to it, though the volume gets quite loud around Happy hour.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.