Wiki Posts
Search

Favorite Ice Cream Flavor

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2003, 12:17 am

Programs: AIR: NONE, Hotel: Marriott PL, Hilton HHonors CC: Amex PLAT
rum & raisin
Old Jul 8, 2003, 4:41 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ILuvParis:
Nothing compares to Berthillon's caramel in Paris...</font>
Their chocolat blanc is not only better, but it's the best ice cream in the universe. And if sorbet were included, Berthillon's framboise would be tied for 1st.

In North America, Rancatore's Ginger (in Belmont, MA) is the best I've found ... and I have looked.

Old Jul 8, 2003, 7:03 am

Programs: DJ, QF, SPG, Hilton
Ben & Jerry's - Cherry Garcia
Tip Top - Jelly Tip
Kapiti Ice Cream - Rum & Raisins
Any mango ice cream...

Yummm....

Re: Jelly Tip and Kapiti, may I suggest anyone who goes to NZ and likes ice-cream, try it.
Old Jul 8, 2003, 7:22 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by wideman:
Their chocolat blanc is not only better, but it's the best ice cream in the universe. And if sorbet were included, Berthillon's framboise would be tied for 1st.
</font>
Good, but not better - you don't get that tastebuds gone crazy moment with the first bite. And you obviously haven't tried the poire sorbet!

Old Sep 7, 2008, 9:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ice Cream Thread

Any chocolate, vanilla, strawberry, or green tea or mixed scoop mixed with chocolate syrup sprinkled with nuts and mixed with some jellos is my favorite ice cream plate. Pretty simple for mines.

Please share some of your ideas.
Old Sep 7, 2008, 10:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BD, QF, QR/EY/GF & HH Gold/SPG, Hertz#1G
When I think of HKG icecream I think of it in some kind of green tea drink.
Old Sep 7, 2008, 11:47 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold, 1.5 Million Mile Flyer
Ice cream is so good just by itself that nothing else is really needed. BUT, you need to have good ice cream. Haagen dazs, Movenpick, etc.

For the flavors..... I'm easy. Half strawberry, half vanilla, with chocolate syrup and whipped cream.

I LOVE ice cream! I don't eat near as much of it as I would like due to caloric concerns, but nothing else even comes remotely close as a dessert.
Old Sep 8, 2008, 12:06 am

Green tea anything is yum, especially green tea gelati and green tea Fauchon. ^
Old Sep 8, 2008, 11:43 am

I heart Superman ice cream (real Superman, with flavours -- not the lame Superman-coloured vanilla ice cream) but I never ever see it around. My #2 choice is vanilla (but it has to be white, not Superman-coloured), and it's pretty hard to make me sway from vanilla for any reason.

Ice cream by itself is nice. Brownie ice cream sundae is yummy, but I rarely have enough of a craving for chocolate to be bothered with the brownie and sundae part of it.

Old Sep 8, 2008, 12:55 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy, HH Diamond, AA EXP, VS Gold, BAEC Silver, Global Entry, UK RT
Originally Posted by 3timesalady
I heart Superman ice cream (real Superman, with flavours -- not the lame Superman-coloured vanilla ice cream) but I never ever see it around. My #2 choice is vanilla (but it has to be white, not Superman-coloured), and it's pretty hard to make me sway from vanilla for any reason.

Ice cream by itself is nice. Brownie ice cream sundae is yummy, but I rarely have enough of a craving for chocolate to be bothered with the brownie and sundae part of it.

Or a warm gooey brownie with vanilla ice cream on top with chocolate syrup and whipped cream...MMMMMMMMMMMM
Old Sep 8, 2008, 2:11 pm

Programs: AA CK, UA GS, DL 360, B6 Mosaic
Fior di latte gelato is the king of iced desserts.

Next in line is simple, straightforward chocolate. I've been working on a roasted chocolate ice cream for a few weeks that is getting close...

Cheers,

-Andrew
Old Sep 8, 2008, 2:31 pm

Programs: Credit Cards
green tea ice cream at a good japanese place after some sushi/sashimi is fantastic.

Cold Stone Creamery variety is pretty good too.

--Russ
Old Sep 8, 2008, 2:32 pm

Programs: AA,UA,CX
Ice cream

I know it is very far but there is a GELATERIA near Salerno, IT, that makes the best ice cream in the world. They have every kind of fruit flavour and when you eat there is almost no difference between the real fruit and the ice cream. They also have peculiar flavours, to say the least, onions, seafood risotto,cod etc. Whenever I go home, I visit it. Absolutely fantastic. The town is FISCIANO, I am not sure I am allowed to name it, so I won't, but if you ever happen to drive to Salerno, go there, you will not be disappointed. All these brands you know, well forget them, we are talking home made ice cream. Next week I will fly to my hometown, Montefredane(AV) and I will go there
Old Sep 8, 2008, 2:35 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Without a doubt, Blue Bell's Tin Roof, is far and away my very favorite ice cream.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old Sep 9, 2008, 2:22 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by JerseyVics
green tea ice cream at a good japanese place after some sushi/sashimi is fantastic.

Cold Stone Creamery variety is pretty good too.

--Russ
I've been known to top my Ice Cream with Sushi

I'd say it depends where I am as to what the best is...

We have a new dairy in AK that makes premium ice cream from Alaska Cows, that I want to try (it'd be a lot fresher then the stuff they ship up here... but its like $7 for a half-gallon)

In Hawaii I always enjoy the Maui Churned Roselani ice creams. They are either on sale at Star Markets, Foodland or Longs usually...

My favorites are Haupia and Pauwela Sunrise!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.