Consolidated "In-N-Out Burger" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "In-N-Out Burger" thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2011, 1:22 am

Programs: US Airways, Silver United, Gold Hilton, Platinum Marriott, Gold SPG
I love In-N-Out burger!! Hope they come toIdaho soon!!!
Old Nov 5, 2011, 7:04 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by jackal
Two words: Animal Style.

Although equating even a regular non-animal-style burger with something from McDonald's is a bit , IMHO. I agree with you on the fries and shake (although the fries are less salty and less "chemical" than McD's fries), but a plain INO burger has a freshness and a clean taste that is ultimately lacking from anything inside the Golden Arches.
Saw some people with the vomit type stuff that makes it animal style and didn't really fancy that.
Old Nov 5, 2011, 8:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by xenole
I had a double-double, fries and chocolate shake just now in Las Vegas. Fries weren't too bad, shake ordinary and the burger no better really than McDonalds....
Originally Posted by bocastephen
Mmmmm just had another awesome In-N-Out experience at the Sepulveda/Westchester location after my flight.
In my experience, that store near LAX is head and shoulders over any in Las Vegas.
Old Nov 5, 2011, 10:02 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold but PlatPro thanks to LPs
I grew up in Kansas, but have lived in SoCalif for over 40 years. I love In-N-Out. There is a restaurant about 5 miles from me.

I went back to Kansas in Sept, and visited my parents' church. While at the church, I sat in on an adult education class. The class leader was a native Angeleno who had moved to Kansas two years ago. In the course of the discussion, the subject of favorite food from one's past came up.

I mentioned In-N-Out, and the class leader got a wistful, faraway, hungry look on his face, probably similar to the wandering Israelites remembering the great food they had back in Egypt, before their exodus into the desert and the promised land.
Old Nov 5, 2011, 10:27 pm

Programs: US Airways, Silver United, Gold Hilton, Platinum Marriott, Gold SPG
Originally Posted by QueenOfCoach
I grew up in Kansas, but have lived in SoCalif for over 40 years. I love In-N-Out. There is a restaurant about 5 miles from me.

I went back to Kansas in Sept, and visited my parents' church. While at the church, I sat in on an adult education class. The class leader was a native Angeleno who had moved to Kansas two years ago. In the course of the discussion, the subject of favorite food from one's past came up.

I mentioned In-N-Out, and the class leader got a wistful, faraway, hungry look on his face, probably similar to the wandering Israelites remembering the great food they had back in Egypt, before their exodus into the desert and the promised land.
LOL!! In-N-Out is the BEST chain hamburger by far for the price you get it. Way ahid of the pack imho
Old Nov 8, 2011, 9:09 am

I love In-N-Out. For me , the one by LAX on Supelveda,with the planes landing 24R is paradise
Old Nov 8, 2011, 5:38 pm

In-N-Out

The is where a lot of CHP eat. It clean and has good service and fresh food. Sure there are better burgers but not at their price.
Old Nov 21, 2011, 11:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by SiberianTiger
LOL!! In-N-Out is the BEST chain hamburger by far for the price you get it. Way ahid of the pack imho
Of course, they do! I love go to eat at In-N-Out Burger. Sometime that I can go eat at In-N-Out Burger. I love it! It's right choice for me and I won't necessary go to eat at McDonalds anymore. I always go to eat at In-N-Out Burger only for 1-time the month. I can do order it myself. I didn't have need any help but, last time sometime who made a mistake.
Old Nov 24, 2011, 10:13 pm
Formerly known as MLW20

Programs: AA LT GOLD, Delta, UA/Continental & many others
I could go for a 4x4 post Thanksgiving meal right now!
Old Oct 10, 2014, 3:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

In-N-Out is invading Oregon, and Burgerville fans are taking up arms!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...52723282151069

I personally love both, but for different reasons.
Old Nov 30, 2014, 4:12 pm

Programs: UA MM/Gold
I get spoiled, and take it for granted, with an In-N-Out 10 min north of me, and 15m south of me. Love their fries, I always order them well done, which makes them more crispy.

Last edited by kyee; Nov 30, 2014 at 7:01 pm
Old Nov 30, 2014, 5:15 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by kyee
...I always order them well done, which makes them more crispy.
+1

Looking forward to one later this week after months of privation.
Old Dec 1, 2014, 1:29 pm

Programs: AA Plat
Originally Posted by kyee
Love their fries, I always order them well done, which makes them more crispy.
Great tip kyee! I'll try that next time I'm there. It's been WAY too long for me.
Old Dec 2, 2014, 8:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I always try to get to an In-N-Out at least once when I'm travelling in their "territory." My last visit was a couple weeks ago. Tonight, outside "the zone," I had my first fast-food burger since then: a quarter-pounder with cheese from McDonalds. I was my first quarter-pounder in years: I'm not anti-McDonalds, I just don't eat there very often and, when I do, I usually grab something off their better-value Dollar Menu.

I was surprised by how bad my quarter-pounder was: I remember them being better -- not great, but fine for a fast-food burger. Tonight's burger was barely edible, and a zillion times inferior to an In-N-Out burger. With a quarter pounder almost $4 and a double quarter-pounder almost $5, how does McDonalds possibly compete with In-N-Out, which is so much better and yet cheaper? On speed -- like you don't have time to brave the lunch crowd at In-N-Out? Otherwise, who in California, for example, would ever head to McDonalds for a burger?
Old Dec 2, 2014, 8:54 pm

Programs: UA MM/Gold
Ugh, I know where you're coming from IAHPHX.

I was in a rush today, didn't have time to wait 30m in the drive thru line at In-N-Out, so just hit Jack in the Box for a quick burger/fries to go. Eh. Should have just went to Subway next door to it instead. That's the ONLY reason I get a fast food burger other than In-N-Out, is the line/wait is just too dang long most times.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.