Reload this Page >

Do you drink Folger's Coffee?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Do you drink Folger's Coffee?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2016, 4:49 pm

Programs: TK *G, all statuses that come with Ritz, Amex Plat, Citi Prestige cards
Folgers is not bad IMHO. I'm asked to bring their teabag-style single serve packets to Turkey every time I go back.

Originally Posted by JBord
The quality doesn't equal the price, and it's not only that you can get the same quality for less, you can actually get better coffee for less.
Most definitely if you are just judging on the coffee. However, if you're looking for the cafe experience, unlimited free wifi, generous refill policy, tolerance for table-squatting, and a rewards program on top of all that - then $2.25 for a coffee is a fantastic deal!
Old Nov 30, 2016, 6:13 pm

I usually keep three diffrent kinds of coffee around the house: my nice coffee that I usually drink when after dinner or such. A single origin bag that I rotate and use the same way as the first one. Lastly I have my caffeine coffee which at times is Folgers or something else that is cheap. When I am barely awake or taking coffee to work at midnight I really do not care that much about subtle differences.
Old Dec 1, 2016, 3:37 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by lonelycrowd
Most definitely if you are just judging on the coffee. However, if you're looking for the cafe experience, unlimited free wifi, generous refill policy, tolerance for table-squatting, and a rewards program on top of all that - then $2.25 for a coffee is a fantastic deal!
lol...good, fair point. Although I'm fairly certain there are a lot more to-go orders, but the rewards program is still something.

It would be nice to have some good options that are as wide-spread as Starbucks. Here in Chicago we have a few Intelligentsia stores, for example, but the truly good coffee shops seem to be more localized.

I still don't know why anyone would pay the extra money to brew Starbucks at home. I'd take Folgers (or many others) at two-thirds of the price every time.
Old Dec 1, 2016, 5:44 pm

Programs: Delta Silver thanks to Million Miles; Choice Plat., point scrounger everywhere
Originally Posted by crazytravelguy
Starbucks is acceptable, they overroast their beans..

If you ever get a chance, try Philz Coffee.
Starbucks does not "overroast" their beans. They burn them, which causes the coffee to have a terrible burnt flavor. I drink their coffee only when it's my only option.

As for Folger's, my wife refuses to drink it or any "canned" coffee. As a result we buy Community Coffee, which is a Louisiana brand. They have some that comes with chickory, for anyone interested. My wife likes the Hotel Blend. It costs $6.49 per 12 ounce bag, but is on sale for about $3.49 a bag a couple of times a year. We buy 20-30 bags when it's on sale and it lasts us six months.''

Folger's tastes just fine to me. I recently bought four large plastic "can's" of Folger's or Maxwell House for $2.99 or $3.49 per can. I think these were 30 ounces each. They are stored in the back of the pantry awaiting the apocalypse, of failing that I'll use them for our 60-cup coffee maker that I loan out to my son's school on occasion.

I bought some really cheap coffee at Wal Mart once, I think cheaper than the Best Value brand. I could taste the savings in every sip. So there is a point at which I am turned off by cheap coffee, but Folger's and Maxwell House aren't that bad to me.
Old Jan 21, 2017, 3:50 am

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
I see these commercials. Maybe I've been missing out on the "best part of waking up" most of my life. I don't know if I've ever bought Folger's coffee. I don't know anyone who drinks Folger's coffee. (Rather, I don't know anyone who I know drinks Folger's coffee.)

If Mrs. Olsen came to "save the day" from the pretty little housewife's tragic attempt at coffee, today's guests would probably spit it out and vow to immediately terminate the friendship.

The thread's question also applies to Yuban, Hills Bros, and anything else that comes in a pre-ground Safeway shelf can. I suppose millions still drink the swill, or maybe it will be the only coffee left after the apocalypse (in which case, we will be looting, not buying, the cans).
I prefer Philz Ether Blend to Foldgers.
Old Jan 21, 2017, 3:54 am

Originally Posted by lonelycrowd
Folgers is not bad IMHO. I'm asked to bring their teabag-style single serve packets to Turkey every time I go back.

The Gold Rewards card and Green Level gives you free refills on coffee and tea if you pay with the card. That's a no brainer for me. Even if you buy a latte subsequent coffee and tea refills are free. $2.25 and 3 refills including iced tea and coffee for use of their WiFi is not bad.
Old Jan 22, 2017, 2:29 pm

Programs: BAEC, Delta SkyPesos, VS FC, SQ KF, AA, HHonors
I always drink coffee "out" while having tea at home for when I want a hot drink, so I don't run into this dilemma as such.

For reasons of availability and curiosity, I have had everything from McD's to artisan hipster cafe to posh hotel cafe coffee.

Long story short: it's difficult to go back when you taste the good stuff.
Old Jan 22, 2017, 5:21 pm
DH

Originally Posted by Rebelyell
Starbucks does not "overroast" their beans. They burn them, which causes the coffee to have a terrible burnt flavor. I drink their coffee only when it's my only option.
That's why I call it Charbucks. Anyway I haven't tried Folger in years.
Old Jan 26, 2017, 9:20 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by Rebelyell
I'm no coffee expert, but that's always been my experience with Starbucks, it tastes like burning paper, i hate it, happy to know I'm not alone, as most of my friends seem to love it

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.